Chapter 17 - Interview

I woke up by someone gently shaking me. 'Baby..’ I immediately recognized the voice softly cooing in my ear. 'Wake up, princess.’ I groaned while lacing my arms around his neck. His soft laugh sounded like music in my ears. 

'I’ll be back tonight..’ He said while taking a deep breath.

'Or you could stay..’ He tried to get up but I held him closely. 'Another hug?’ 

I could feel him rolling his eyes at me but he pulled me up so I sat up straight. His arms were around my waist as my arms were still around his neck. 

'You should go back to bed, it’s only 7 AM.’ I shook my head. 'No, I think that I’ll get up.. 

I need to get ready for my interview, they’ll be here around 10 AM.’ He nodded while he breathed a kiss on my nose. 'I’m going out with some friends and Davi tonight, so .. I think I’ll be home around the same time like you, I guess.’ I shrugged. 'I hope you guys have fun.’ He nodded while giving me another kiss. 'We will. I hope you have a nice day to. I love you.’ And with that he was gone and I could wake up properly.

I looked at my fixed hair in the mirror and smiled at my reflection. I looked pretty good if I may say so. 

'Meggie, do I need to play in my room while you talk?’

He tugged at my dress. I shook my head while chuckling. 'Of course not, this is our house. You can play in the living room with us.’ I said and picked him up. 

'So .. How did you sleep, amor?’ I softly asked as I grabbed the handrail while stepping down the stairs. 

Walking down the stairs with heels on isn’t such a good idea, believe me.

I sat him down on the couch as I turned the television on. 'What do you want to eat tonight?’ I looked around and smiled. It was neat and clean. Until this day it still surprised me that Neymar had such a good taste in furniture. 

'So, if I understand well you always dreamed of being an actress but later on you went for a modeling career?’ I nodded while crossing my legs again. 

This interview was one like so many. It became even a little boring if I needed to be really honest. Always the same questions, always the same answers.

'Yes, that’s exactly what I mean. I’m so happy with my life at this point and it honestly couldn’t get any better.’ I smiled at the thought of my live right now. 'So you have everything in life you need?’ I nodded. 

'Yes. A nice house, friends, family.’ She smiled while mimicking my position. She also crossed her legs while looking at me.

'Boyfriend?’ I swallowed. Should I tell her? Shouldn’t I? 

'There is indeed someone special in my life.’ She grinned. 'Well that’s a scoop! His name?’ I shrugged. 

'It’s a little early to come out for our relationship, because we’re not together for a long time.’

'Isn’t this the kind of thing every girl wants?’ She said while grinning to the camera. She looked at me before moving on to the next question.

'So, did you knew him before you fell in love with him?’ I smiled widely while nodding. 'He was in my friend zone all along. He’s been there trough tick and thin and never left me. He was there in the good and bad times and I honestly think I’m blessed with such a beautiful man by my side.’ I blushed a little as she chuckled. 'I think we all have the same name in mind but you’re just going to deny it, right?’ I nodded. 'I think I indeed will deny it until we’re ready.’ We both laughed.

I sat down on the couch as I kicked my shoes of. I softly groaned and looked at my feet. As much as I loved high heels, I loved the feeling when I finally could walk normal again. 

Ney was just laying Davi in bed and I just got back. It was .. Okay. It was obvious that he liked me in a way more than just friends. He tried to hold my hand in the restaurant and I was very sure someone snapped pictures of that. Because, God, I loved it when journalists even stalked me when I was in a pub.

'He’s still awake, but he should be asleep soon.’ He murmured while sitting on the couch next to me. He pulled me on his lap as he intertwined our fingers. 'How was your day, love?’ He whispered in my ear, causing shivers down my back. I faintly smiled. 'It was okay, maybe a little boring but I had a fun time with Davi.’ He nodded. 'Yours?’ He grinned. 

'It was great. Practice was nice.’ I pecked his cheek and laid my head against his shoulder. 

'Tired?’ I nodded. 

'And annoyed. Listen, if there’s some picture of him holding my hand, it’s a little fake because I pulled away right after. I really, really don’t like him. I know -’ 

He interrupted me with a passionate kiss and smiled down at me.

'It’s fine… Well, we will know soon.’ He chuckled while gazing over to the tv.

'And in the meantime, we think we know who her boyfriend is.’ A photo of me and Stefan showed up on the screen. 

'They were spotted earlier this evening in a pub in Barcelona. The lovebirds were spotted intimately, holding hands. Is this the boy were she is fond of? It seems that he really is.’ 

I felt Ney tense a bit next to me. I shook my head and laid a hand on his leg. 'I think he is really in to you..’ I shrugged. 'I’m not in to him..’ I pressed a kiss on his cheek. 'Fortunately.’ He grinned while lying down and pulled me on top of him. 

'It’s funny how she first implied me in the interview and later she is implying that Stefan is the love of your life.’ I breathed a kiss on his forehead. 'They didn’t snap pictures of me pulling away from his hand..’ He chuckled. 'I could imagine your face.’