Chapter 32 - Yes!

'I know .. I just..' Again he stood quiet for a moment and stared out of the window. 'I'm not sure..' He stopped talking once again and I could see the pain in his eyes. 'No, it's okay. I understand.' He spat before shoving the phone roughly in his pocket and rested his hands on the windowsill.

I stood up and tip toed in his direction. 'Honey..' I whispered as I laid a hand on his shoulder.

'What's wrong?' He didn't answer for a moment and I gently moved my hand to his back. 'Babe, talk to me.' I could see a tear stroll down his cheek and I bit on my lip.

'I'm not selected for the game against Chelsea next week.' He softly said. 'I'm not fit enough, I'm not at my level yet.' More tears joined the first one and for the first time in years he broke down right in front of me.

'I can't miss it, Meg.' He softly sobbed as he sunk trough his knees, taking me down with him.

I rubbed his back up and down as I pulled him against me. 'I know, Ney.'

'They'll be so disappointed and..' He couldn't even talk anymore because of the sobbing.

'How could they, Meg?' He looked at me with teary eyes. 'I-I don't know..' I took a deep breath as I started cleaning his face from the tears that were still on his cheek.

'Ney, look at me.' I said but his eyes remained on the ground. 'Neymar, look up.' He slowly lifted up his face and I could see his eyes were still red.

'We're going to take a bath and after that we'll go to sleep.' He shook his head but before he could even reply I frowned. 'We are, Ney.' I extended my hand which he took gently after a moment of contemplating.

I led him up the stairs, trough our room into the bathroom. He sat down on the closed toilet seat as I filled the bathtub and dimmed the lights a little.

He eyed me from the corner and rested his head against the wall. 'Have I told you how much I love you today?' I looked up, smiling. 'No, you haven't. But that's okay, I know you love me.' He stood up and stood in front of me in a matter of seconds. 'I love you.' He said before connecting our lips and pulled away before it got intenser. 'Bath..' He pointed out before turning off the water.

'Where were we?' He murmured before kissing me again.

I turned back to him and bit on my lip. He was still sitting in the same spot as when I left an hour ago.

His eyes were glued to the clouds above him as it started to rain. I hesitated to lay a hand on his shoulder and pulled away the second that I wanted to do it. I opened my mouth but closed it again as soon as I opened it. I softly set down his food and turned around again. I quietly left the room and took a deep breath before making my way downstairs.

'Babe.' I turned around, laying a hand on my chest as I took a deep breath. 'Ney, you scared me..'

He softly smiled before making his way towards me. 'Thank you for the food and support.' He murmured as he pulled me in for a hug. 'Baby, I'm here for you.. You know that right?' His head rested on mine and I closed my eyes. 'I know, I just..' He took a shaky breath before letting out a soft laugh. 'I'm so scared.' I pulled away so I could look at him. 'You know you shouldn't be.' I stated but he shrugged. 'I think I should be, I..' I frowned. 'Is there something that you're not telling me?' He bit on his lip as he looked out of the window before returning his gaze on my face. 'My contract is ending soon and Chelsea asked if maybe I wanted to transfer.' I bit on my lip.

'And you're thinking about going?' He shrugged.

'Is this one of the reasons that you're not playing?' He didn't look at me and I knew the answer. 'Ney! They can't make this, they-' He laughed humorless. 'You think I don't know that?' He frowned and rested a hand on my cheek. 'Should I transfer, Meg?' I shrugged. 'It's your choice.' He shook his head. 'You're my best friend and girlfriend. Tell me.' I bit on my lip before lowering my gaze on our feet. 'You're so happy here. You've only been here for what?' I swallowed and looked up. 'A year?' He nodded.

'Barca needs you, Ney. And so do I.'

'Do you want to marry?' I rested my hands on my lap as I watched him stand in front of the window. 'I already said..' He turned around with a smile spread around his mouth.

'Let me ask you again, baby.' He walked towards the couch and got down next to me. He grabbed my hands and breathed a kiss on my lips.

'Marry me, please?' I looked up at his face and he looked hopefully at me.

'This is a proposal?' He nodded enthusiastically.

'When did you plan this?' He shrugged. 'I didn't'

'I realized this afternoon that I can't live without you. I realized that if someone else had been standing there I wouldn't be this happy..' I bit on my lip. 'You are the one for me. You are the one that I want to wake up to. You are the one who puts up with my stubbornness, stupidness, my snoring. You're the one who thinks I'm cute when I spill food everywhere although you're the one who gets to clean it up everytime..'

It was quiet for a moment as we studied each other faces. 'You're the one who accepts me the way I am. You love me for being me, you love me for being Neymar the dork and not Neymar the footballer.' He smiled before caressing my cheek with his thumb. 'I just .. I love you so much, Megan. God, it hurts when you're away and I'm not able to hold you. It hurts when you're crying because then I realize I can't protect you from everything although I would do anything for that.'

'Yes!' He looked at me in suprise. 'Yes?' I nodded.

'I will marry you!'