TAEHYUNG - When he has a bad day

Taehyung

when he has had a bad day

You had just started cooking dinner, when you heard the rattling of keys at your door. Soon enough you heard the door being unlocked. Surprised you checked your wrist watch to see what time it was. Seeing that it wasn't even 5pm yet, you wondered who it could be. When a very tired looking Taehyung entered the kitchen, you stopped chopping vegetables.

"Tae ? Why are you so early today ? You said you wouldn't be coming back until 8 pm" you said, approaching him with a worried face, "What happened baby ? You don't look okay."

Taehyung bit his bottom lip, trying to hold back the tears that had formed in his eyes. Without a word, he let himself fall into your arms, burying his face in the crook of your neck.

You could feel his hot tears against your skin and hear his quiet sobs. Your heart broke into pieces seeing your boyfriend in such state. Wrapping your arms tightly around him, you soothingly rubbed his back.

"Tae, it's okay now. I am here, calm down baby" you coed, kissing his temple. "You're cold baby, let's go upstairs, hmm?"

It was winter and the temperatures were very low these days. Taehyung easily got cold, the tip of his nose and ears turning red and his hands being ice-cold. Taking his hand in yours, you walked him up the stairs.

"Shall I run you a hot bath ?" you asked him, he only shrugged his shoulders, leaving it up to you. You decided that it may help him relax and calm down, so you took him to the bathroom. Taehyung sat on the counter top as you turned on the water to fill the bathtub. Choosing a nice smelling bath bomb, you put it in the water so that it would dissolve. Turning back to Taehyung, you saw him staring at his lap, shoulders hanging and a deep frown on his forehead. He looked very exhausted and lost. Standing in between his legs, you took his cold hands into both of yours, bringing them to your lips, so that you kiss them.

"Your hands are so cold baby" you said, trying to warm them with your hands.

Taehyung didn't meet your eyes, but looked at your hands holding his. Tilting your head, you looked at his face, making him finally look at you too. You could see it in his eyes how unhappy he was. His eyes weren't sparkling as usual. Leaning in you kissed the tip of his nose, giving him a small smile. It was yet too early to ask questions, he first needed time to sort his thoughts and calm down. Determined to make your boyfriend feel better, you patiently waited. Once the tub was filled, you turned off the faucet.

"It's ready" you said. He lazily slid down the counter top and unbuttoned his coat. Taking it from him, you went to hang it up in his wardrobe, giving him some privacy to undress.

Though you had been a couple since over a year now, you still got shy when it came to stuff like this even though you were very comfortable with each other.

When you returned to the bathroom, Taehyung was already in the bathtub.

"Want me to wash your hair ?" you asked him. Lifting himself a little, he reached for your hand to pull you closer.

"Join me" he boldly said, taking you by surprise. Blushing furiously, you stammered an okay. He adverted his gaze to give you some privacy. Quickly slipping off your clothes, you got into the bathtub behind him. He leaned back into your arms, resting his head on your shoulder.

You sat in silence, enjoying the warmth. You could feel how Taehyung's body relaxed. You stroked his hair with one hand and held his hand with the other. Eyes closed, Taehyung let you take care of him. He loved the feeling of your fingers in his hair, he loved your touch, he loved how you always knew how to comfort him, he loved that you gave him time, he loved you. He loved every single aspect of you. It was you to whom he turned to when life got too hard, and he couldn't keep up with the world. He found peace in you.

A few minutes later he began to tell you about what had happened. He told you that he kept messing up the choreo and couldn't concentrate at all during practice.

Sometimes he couldn't find the motivation to work hard. Some days he just lacked the passion for what he was doing. Such days were scary to him because they filled him with doubt and an endless string of negative thoughts. When his mind was racing like that he couldn't focus on anything but his own pitiful state. Taehyung spilled out everything that had bottled up inside him.

You listened to him and reassured him that what he was feeling was only human.

"Taehyung I know how much you love what you are doing. I how passionate you are. But you can't always have that high energy. You are only human, you get tired too sometimes and that is totally fine. It's okay not to always feel passion and loce for what you are doing. It's okay not to feel like doing anything sometimes. It's normal and it doesn't mean that you are unhappy with your life. It doesn't mean that you made wrong choices. It just sometimes means nothing at all and in your whole life span these bad days will have no impact or importance whatsoever because they are such an insignificant small part compared to all the good and happy moments."

Taehyung sat up and fully turned to you, so that he was facing you. Gently taking your face in his hand, he began to tenderly kiss you.

"I love you" he mumbled against your lips, trying to let you feel the eternal love he had for you.

You kissed a lot and you ended up giving Taehyung a back message. His mood improved so much that there were no traces left of self-doubt and stress. He fully gave into you and let you work your magic on him. He let you heal him and as a reward he showered you in kisses and affection.

*A/N follow my imagine page on Instagram at moonchild_starrynight :)