~1~

It was a cold November morning in Washington, where Kimberly Badger, her parents and her brother lived. Kim was sitting in her Range Rover, listening to music and waiting for her best friend Brooke, because they were going to the mall. As "Lost in Japan" by Shawn Mendes was playing, she finally saw Brooke and immediately jumped out of the car to hug her. "Kimmy," Brooke screamed, "I missed you so much.""Chill Brooke, it's been only two weeks since the last time we hung out," Kim said while rolling her eyes playfully. "I have so much tea to spill," Brooke told her with excitement in her voice. "Okay, but let's get in the car first," she replied.

The car ride wasn't long, but Brooke somehow managed to tell Kim all the details about how she and her, now ex, boyfriend broke up. She found out that he was cheating on her with a girl he met at his camp, and that's why Brooke broke up with him. She also kinda ran out of love for him, so the breakup didn't bother her as much.

When they arrived at the mall, Kim found a parking spot and the two girls went inside. The first store they saw was Sephora and Brooke couldn't help it and dragged her best friend straight into it. Kim was looking at the Urban Decay Naked eyeshadow palettes while Brooke was choosing a nude colored lipstick. Kimberly couldn't decide if she should get the honey one or the cherry one and decided to started looking for Brooke to see if she can give her advice. Kim didn't see her, so she called her and immediately heard a phone ringing right behind her, so she turned around and there was Brooke, holding a Sephora bag. "Guess who just bought the perfect three nude lipsticks!" she exclaimed. "But Brooke, we are here for not longer than five minutes and why did you buy three of them? You're probably not going to use them more than two times anyway!" Kim replied with a louder voice and the security guard looked at me. "I know, but they're really pretty and I couldn't choose which one should I get, so I got all three of them," she groaned. "Anyway, which palette should I get the honey one or the cherry one?" Kim asked her. "You don't use pink shades as much as you use brown, so for you the honey one will be more useful," Brooke answered. Kim thanked her and bought the honey palette. The two best friends went to some more stores and bought winter clothes afterwards. 

Because it was already lunch time, they went to McDonald's. Kim wasn't that hungry, so she only got some medium fries and a coke, but Brooke got a large cheeseburger with large fries and decided to give the new vanilla coke a try. "Wow, you're definitely hungry," Kim laughed."Shut up," Brooke mumbled with fries in her mouth. After they were done, the girls went and bought vegan ice cream, which they fell in love with. Then they went to a few more clothing stores and decided to go home.

As the two of them were headed towards the car, they noticed that there was a big traffic jam on the exit of the parking lot, so Kim let out an annoyed sigh. They got in the car and played some music. While almost at the exit of the parking lot, Kim and Brooke were singing along, so none of them paid much attention and suddenly, they heard a bump. Kim immediately stopped the car and turned the music down. She jumped out and quickly looked at the car. There wasn't any damage to be seen, so she turned around to get back inside, but then someone stopped her by tapping on her shoulder. Kim turned back around and saw a guy that was around her age, with beautiful blue eyes and brown hair. "Damn, he was attractive," she thought. "Are you out of your mind?" the boy blasted. "I'm so, so sorry," Kim replied, "I didn't want this to happen, I was just singing with my friend and yes, not paying attention while driving was a big mistake, but again, I'm so so sor-." "Yes, you look cute when you're worried, but please stop now," he interrupted Kim, laughing at the end. "Okay, I'm done, but I'm still sorry," she mentioned, "and if there's a thing I can do to fix the scratch on your car, I'll do it." "How about you go out with me and my friends and buy us food, huh?" he proposed. "Okay, I agree, but I'll take my best friend Brooke." "Ok. What's your name by the way?" he asked. "It's Kimberly. Kimberly Badger. And what's yours?" "I'm Jack. Jack Hughes." "Okay, here you have my Snapchat. Snap me later so we can agree on the date and time," Kim  showing him her username. He took a photo of it. "Alright, I should go, my best friend in the car is probably wondering  what's happening. It was nice talking to you, Jack. Bye," Kim said awkwardly. "Thank you. Same here. Bye," he replied with a big smile on his face.

As Kimberly got in the car, Brooke started throwing questions at her. "Who is he? Do you know him? Was he mad? What did you show him? Do we have a problem?" Brooke spoke really fast. "His name is Jack Hughes. No, I don't know him. At first yes, he seemed mad, but then it faded away. I showed him my snapchat. I don't think so," Kim answered to all of her questions. "Yeah, that's not enough info, so explain to me what just happened in details, girl," she stated loudly, singing the last word. Kim began explaining everything as she drove.

JACK'S POV

As I got in the car the boys began throwing questions at me. "Who was she?" "Is there any damage on the car?" "Is she single?" "Do you know her?" I don't even know which of my friends said what. "Shut up," I shouted, "I can't answer all these questions at once. Her name is Kimberly. She wasn't paying attention and that's why all of this happened. Also, she wanted to fix that so I told her she can go out with us and buy us food and I'll forgive her. She agreed and told me she'll take her best friend too. Then she gave me her snap so I can text her and that's it," I explained to them. "Was her best friend cool?" my friend Cole asked me. "I don't know, I didn't see he,." I answered as I began to drive to our hotel.

KIMBERLY'S POV

When I got home, I went straight to my room, put my new clothes in my wardrobe, changed into some sweatpants and one of my brother's, Peter's, hoodies and laid in bed. A few minutes later someone knocked on my door. "Come in," I shouted. It was my brother. "Hey Kimmy, I'm bored and I also want to hear how your day went, so spill," he cheered. I told him everything that had happened today. "OMG YOU BUMPED INTO JACK HUGHES'S CAR!" he shouted. "Mmmm, yes? Why?" I asked. "YOU KNOW HE IS A HOCKEY PLAYER, RIGHT? A REALLY GOOD HOCKEY PLAYER!" He continued talking with big excitement in his voice. "Oh well, I think I have a crush on a really good hockey player then," I replied with a small sigh at the end. Me and Peter talked about some other stuff and then went downstairs and had dinner. He was not only my big bro, but one of my best guy friends. After that, I brushed my teeth, did my skincare, put my pj's on and laid down on my bed. I was scrolling through my instagram feed when I got a notification from Snapchat " jackhughes123 (fake username) added you as a friend!". My heart started to beat faster. I added him back and sent him a snap that said "heeey😀". Then we snapped until 1 am when I fell asleep with my phone still. in my hand.

JACK'S POV

When we got back to the hotel I sat on the couch and watched TV with my teammates Trevor and Cole. The others were on their beds scrolling through their social media. We went to dinner. When we got back I showered first and laid down on my bed. I opened my Snapchat and added Kimberly. She added me back really quickly and then snapped me "heeey😀". I saw she was in bed too. Damn, she was so cute, she even had some face mask on. We snapped for a while, then Trevor came. "Dude, what made you smile like an idiot?" he asked me. "I don't know, it's just Kim. I know I only saw her for like five minutes, but I think I may have a crush on her," I replied. "Bro, just don't mess that up ok?" he said. "Okay, I'll try my best" I claimed. It went pretty good. We snapped until 1 am when she suddenly stopped replying, I think she fell asleep. We agreed on tomorrow at 1 pm, so I had to tell the boys about that. I couldn't fall asleep for about half an hour. Damn, I think I really have a crush on her.

=

Yaaaay my first chapter! Hope you like it. Chapter 2 coming soon!! Love you!❤️

Ivi