Chapter 1 - Tamanna

Hello everyone. This is my first attempt at writing a story. Please guide me through with your suggestions and constructive criticism. Hope you enjoy my writing. The story might contain some words and scenes not suitable for some of you. So if you are underage or sensitive to sexual content and strong words please skip the section when it comes. Happy reading to you guys....
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'And he took a deep breath and step closer to Tamanna, her heart was beating so fast that she could not think straight.He wrapped his left hand around her waist and pulled her closer to him. His eyes never left her face as if trying to decide his own feelings for her. When she refused to meet his gaze, he moved her chin up with his fingers. Their eyes collided, she was lost in those fierce green eyes, now dark with desire.....Their lips just inches apart........'

"Tamannaaaaa, Tamanaaaaaaaaa...... Finally. There you are" Nidhi stepped into gazebo of the terrace garden panting and looking a bit annoyed.

" I have been looking for you and calling out your name since ages. And here you are. Pray tell what are you doing here so early in the morning?" she complained.

Tamanna smiled to herself Nidhi her beloved cousin, who was just 2 years elder to her, was always a bit too melodramatic about things, she thought. Why wouldn't she be here, it was a beautiful winter morning in Mount Abu, where the Navlakhas had their second home far from their home in Delhi away from the hustle bustle of the big city life. Tamanna loved it here specially the little garden on the terrace which had always been her escape. This was the place where she met her knight in shining armor who would sweep her off her feet and take away to her happily ever after away from the pretentious polite society her father cared about so much.

"Tamanna Navlakha, are you with me? Helloooooo I am talking to you. Why are you smiling to yourself?!!"She demanded. Nidhi's expressions were as if Tamanna had completely taken a leave of her senses.

Before Tamanna could reply Nidhi started talking again "Please don't tell me yaar you were imagining things again... When will you leave this fairyland of your and start living with us; HUMANS!!!! Neways I have got a huge news for you. Guess who is getting engaged??!!!!!!" Nidhi beamed,pointing a finger to herself.

Now this time it was Tamanna who could not stop blabbering, " OMG Nidhi!!!! What are you saying??!!! Really wow that awesome news. When did this happen??!! And whose the guy??!!! And now wait a minute. Why am I the last one to know about this??!!!"

Then the two of them started talking with Nidhi giving all the details to Tamanna about how her parents had arranged her marriage to her father's oldest friend Mr. Bajaj's son, Varun Bajaj. He looked after the business in the USA and lives in Los Angeles.

"Hollywood Tamanna. HOLLYWOOD!!!" Nidhi said dreamily..

They spent the hour planning the wedding as it was just 3 months away and there was too many things to get done. Nidhi insisted that Tamanna should design her trousseau as she was a brilliant fashion designer. Tamanna felt honoured that Nidhi had trusted her with something so important. Nidhi assured her that Tamanna's designs will outshine all others when in L.A.

"Didiji, madam ji is wants to talk to you in her room." The maid who had appeared out of nowhere suddenly interrupted.

"Chalo yaar,Tamanna I should get going now. I will call you later so we can plan out the shopping schedules. I also need to inform my mom about our ideas for the wedding. And hey! Don't forget to arrange the number of the wedding planners from Pooja. They did an amazing job with her wedding." With that Tamanna said goodbye to Nidhi and proceeded towards her mother's room.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seema Navlakha was not a bitter nor a malicious lady but she did have a cold heart, which was a result of her husband's constant neglect. And her room reflected just that, everything in black and white without any warmth of colors. Seema sure had feelings towards her only daughter but the her social commitments denied her the time.

"Ma? Lakshmi said you called." Tammana said as she meekly entered her mother's room.

"Tamanna, how many time I have to tell you that I don't like you missing breakfast? Your father was on the table today and he was very annoyed because of your absence. He wanted to talk to you regarding the new designs you had sent to his office. You know how valuable his time is, Tamanna? Hope you have a good excuse for your absence." Her mother scolded.

"Sorry Ma. I will make sure this doesn't happen again. But I thought Papa had rejected my designs saying they were to plain to launch with the festive season approaching. But then again Papa can be a bit unpredictable sometimes. I know he loves me because he would not have entertained my wishes to be a designer but he surely does have a very strange way of showing it. I simply don't understand him sometimes. May be Nikhil bhaiya understands him as he spends so much time with Papa in the office" wondered Tamanna. But then she realised her mother had lost interest in what she was blabbering and now trying to decide which of her two solitaire earrings matched her saree better.

"Wear the emerald one.................Ma? Are you going somewhere?" Tamanna inquired.
When received a nod in return from her mother she complained " you didn't listen to anything I just said. Why do you have to go out everyday?"

"I wanted to spend today with you. You know Nidhi just informed me that she is getting married. Isn't that exciting?! And you know that best part; she wants me to do her bridal trousseau. I needed your advice on the designs." She pouted.

Her mother then looked away for the mirror and sat besides Tamanna " Beta, you know how things are. These parties are crucial for image building which helps develop your father's business." Looking at the disappointed expression on Tamanna's face she continued, "One day when you get married you will understand what I mean by this. And I will try my level best to make time for you later in the day." Her mother concluded with a smile.

" No Ma. Though I know my marriage will be arranged my you and Papa. I know it will be full of love. We will learn to love and have time for one another." With that Tamanna left her mother's room.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Picture of Tamanna on the right----------------