14

Gabriella's POV:

I swung my bag over my shoulder and sheathed my  sword. Nathan and Quill were getting their things together as well. Zane was waiting by the fire of the campground that had been distinguished. Grey, Ember, Naya, and Mary were helping us three get ready. Mary so graciously let me borrow her clothes. A blue wrap that went over my shoulder and my chest, creating a dress-like look. It hung down to my knees while the belt that held my sword kept it together. I wore brown pants and undershirt with a corset. Finally, my dark brown boots with gold details to cover my feet. Mary wanted me to look somewhat presentable while Naya and Ember told me not to waste my time. We ended up with this. 

"I still need to do your hair,", Mary insisted. "It's all messy."

"I think it looks fine,", Naya said, ruffling it a bit. "I'm glad you let it grow out during the five years. It reminds me of beach waves almost." 

"I think I'll leave it down then...but, you can still brush it Mary if you want."

She sighed. I could tell she was annoyed with the other three, making me doubt my plan of leaving them together. I'm was sure that they would eventually get along. 

"It's alright. Besides, you have to get going soon,", Mary shrugged. "You have everything?"

I nodded my head  but, Grey said; "What about this?"

He held up the necklace that my father had given me. I couldn't believe I almost forgot.

"Thank you,", I say, taking it. "Where did you find this?"

"In your tent,", Ember said, with a smile. "We went through it just in case." 

I smiled and put it on, pulling my hair out after. I looked to inspect the purple jewel to see it sparkle once again. 

"Are you sure you want to do this?", Grey asked. "We all can go if you want."

"No. Zane needs help once he gets back. Besides, if you three come back Irene will know that once you found me you didn't come back right away. So...please. Just stay here."

The three of them looked at each other but, agreed. They all came up and gave me a hug. 

"I can't believe we found you to only say goodbye again,", Ember said, still in the group hug. 

When we parted I said; "I'll be back before you know it. Don't worry."

"We know. You've got this,", Naya smirked, nudging me. 

I looked to Mary and gave her a hug as well. 

"Come back as soon as possible. I need help rebuilding the cottage,", She giggled. "Also, don't let my brothers get into too much trouble."

"Of course and I will,", I said, giving her a squeeze. 

Once I said goodbye to the four of them, Dylan came out of his tent and went over to Zane. I decided to say goodbye to him next. I walked over and just gave him tight hug, not saying a word. Dylan truly was the only one besides Zane who knew how dangerous these spirits are. He understood my worry on a different level. 

"Be safe Ella..okay?", He asked me. "Kick Irene's ass as well please."

"I promise,", I say. 

I looked to Zane, mentally telling him I was ready. He nodded and we went up to the twins. Mary was saying goodbye and had just finished when we walked up. The two of them, once they saw me, slightly smiled. Knowing how stressed out we all might be, I smiled back. 

"Let's go,", I say. 

...

The gates of Ru'an looked threatening. Taller and menacing...darker even. It was grey stone with big oak doors. Hopefully, this wasn't a representation of the rest of the kingdom. The four of us continued walking though, not wanting to show fear as we approached. Once we were in front of the entrance, a guard shouted;