10

Garroth's POV:

Esmund and I watched the mirror in horror as Zane walked into the forest.

"And what was the great idea you had about visiting Dylan instead Zane?", Esmund asked me, glaring.

I huffed and said; "Well, now Dylan can help them. Besides...I know Zane won't hurt any of them."

"Just like he did to you?"

I felt a slight tingle come from the scar in my back...it was between my shoulder blades, making me roll them back.

"That wasn't him..and you know that..."

"You say that with confidence,", Esmund said, side glaring at me. "How do you know he'll make the right choice? He's easily manipulated into anything-"

"Don't speak about him like that in front of me," I say rather harshly. I was saying the truth though...I hated what was coming out of his mouth. Those words...Zane is his own person and can make his own decisions. I trust him. "He'll find Gabriella, like Dylan, and come up with a plan. Easy."

"What happens if something goes wrong?"

"I have a backup plan. Don't worry..."

"Would you like to tell me of this plan?"

"Nope...you wouldn't like it."

•••

Gabriella's POV:

The sun was beginning to set again behind the trees, marking another day done. My friends and I decided to discuss a plan tomorrow when everyone was rested up and ready to go. I thought it was for the better. Yes, I want to get back to Ru'an...but, I also went everyone to be safe. As we sat around the fire, it was really eye-opening to see everyone...
Dylan, who I've known for over a thousand years now, gives me a sense of comfort seeing him. Grey, Naya, and Ember all remind me of the days when I felt the most secure in my life...perfection almost. Nate and Quill have seen me at the lowest of low, allowing them to understand me more than most. Everyone here gave me hope that I would one day be able to share a meal with them at home...

I looked away for a moment to see Mary still watching the forest. Nate and Quill have noticed too and tell me that they can sense another thing lurking in the woods. I fear that it's something Irene has sent to find me and that it'll cause more damage. I decided to check on Mary once more before hitting the sack. Maybe offering to keep guard for a while.

"Hey...you know it's been hours now. Your brothers probably want you to eat something,", I say, coming up to her. She smiled slightly but said; "I know they do but, right now this is more important."

I frowned. Her health was more important than anything.

"Well, what can I do to make sure you sleep tonight?", I asked, placing my hands on my hips.

She giggled and said; "Well Mom, I actually have a plan. I'm going to use an enchantment Hyria taught me to make the intruder see illusions. It'll hopefully make them walk further away from us."

"I hope so...if you think that's for the better than go ahead. But, don't scare them too much. I don't want someone who's harmless to be traumatized."

She nodded her head and held up her hand, summoning a flame. She then, snapped her fingers, dispersing the flame into small particles that floated into the woods.

"That should do it. Now I can eat and get some sleep."

"Great...just let me know if something else comes up."

We walked back and joined the others.

•••

Zane's POV: