Prologue

As Irene walked down the prison hall, she looked at her prisoners she had collected over the years. Her dark purple and silver cape flowed behind her. She tightened her silver Fingerless gauntlets around her wrists. She knew that half of her prisoners were innocent but, it's what she had to do to control her subjects in fear.
She reached the cell she wanted to see and motioned for the guards to let her in. They nodded and stepped away. Irene reaches for her belt and pulled out her keys. She unlocked the heavy cell door and stepped in with a smirk still plastered on her face.

"My, you see to get worse every day," She chuckled at the prisoner in front of her. His raven black hair was messy and had turned lighter from stress. The bags under his eyes made him look on the brink of death. Chains were connected from the wall to his wrists. The worst were his eyes. They looked cold...like all hope was lost. "Who'd thought it would take something like this to change the infamous...

Zane Ro'Meave?"

"Like this?" He said in a weak voice. He looked up at the woman and yelled; "Like this! You took away my freedom, you took away my friends, my niece, the love of my life, my future child, and you killed my brother! Yeah. It changed me, congratulations."

The dark woman just laughed. Seeing the Ro'Meave like this gave her satisfaction. To see such a strong, fearless man look so weak in front of her, made her feel powerful.

"Do you ever regret it?" He asked her, looking up while glaring.

"What do you mean?"

"Do you regret killing him?" He stated. "I know you're not Aphmau but...do you have any of her memories? Memories of their love? Do you have any ounce of remorse?"

Irene heard the echoes of sobbing in the back of her head. They always come when she hears her other half's name. Yet, they go away in short amount of time.

"Garroth Ro'Meave's time was up and you know it," She said sternly. "I'm not Aphmau so, no. I don't regret it."

"You will one day," He says, looking down.

"How so?"

"When she comes back," He said proudly. "You know Enki didn't kill her on that day. You know that she is out there and when she comes back she will claim what is lawfully her's."

"I don't fear her."

"Oh but, you should. Because, I can assure you...

She won't take it peacefully."

Candi_Writes Presents
•••
Costs
An MCD Fanfiction and Sequel to 'Immortality'