Head Teacher

I feel really jealous. You are just one of the new teachers but parents are so in love with you. Your class is already full and I heard the admin will suggest that you should have a second batch of class in the afternoon....

Oh really? Never heard of that yet. I smiled.

What's in you that makes you so special? she sits beside me.

I don't know. I am just doing my job. I started to take a bite in my burger.

I have been here for 3 years already but never had a full class. she frowned and started to eat as well.

But you are the head teacher for the Nursery Class Teacher Jell. I replied as I sip on my soda. It means you are the best in the department. I continued between bites.

Well. yeah but it took me two years to be promoted while it takes two weeks for you to have a second batch of class. she laughs while she takes more bites...

But your salary is still far higher than mine. so don't be a "cry baby"... I joke.

Kidding aside I think you truly deserve it. You work real hard that's why your kids love going to your class. They go home happy and that makes their parents a lot happier.

I just have this lucky thing that kids love me even if I'm not lovable. I continued joking...

You are lovable.... she says.

Yeah right. I laughed.

I have to go now. My lunch break is over, I need to finish my lesson plan for next week. Thanks for the burger and soda Teacher Jell.

Let's say it's my advance little treat on your upcoming promotion Teacher Meg.

Crossing my fingers to that. I said as I walk out of the pantry.

__________________________________________________________________

—5:00 pm—

Haven: Hello baby?

Meg: Yes? I am still finishing my lesson plan. Are we meeting today?

Haven: If you have time...

Meg: Of course babe. I will always have time for you...

Haven: Thanks baby...

Meg: I will meet you in an hour. Let's have dinner together. okay?

Haven: See you baby...

————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

—-6:00 pm—-

Let's have burger and fries babe. I am craving for it. Haven talks while we walk to the nearby fast food.

Please order anything but not burger for me. I simply replied.

Why? not in the mood for burger? It's their bestseller here.

I had one during lunch today. My head teacher gave some treat.

"My head teacher"?? she made it sound like I killed someone.

Teacher Jell, the head teacher of our department. You met her on my first day to work. Right? I replied innocently.

Ahh... her bubbly mood suddenly disappeared.

Come on, don't make it such a big deal that I don't like burger right now babe. I sit down on the nearest stool as we get inside the store.