Toothbrush

Fried rice, hotdogs and eggs for breakfast. I give a sweet smile to Haven who is still sitting at the end of my bed. She just woke up.

        What happened? Haven ask with so much embarassment in her face.

        I bring you home last night. I simply said while pouring hot water to the mug.

        Ohh... Haven said. (My answer made her more embarass)

        I'm sorry, I did not mean to offend you. Please don't feel that way. I did not do anything. I swear. I said while I take my seat on the dining table and looking at her on the bed.

        She look back at me and started to walk to take her seat beside me. 

        Thanks a lot Meg. Haven said with a sincere tight smile.

        I am lucky I am the only one down in that street last night and just happen  to catch an angel that is about to fall.. I said with a charming smile, making the mood a lot lighter for us.

        She laughed. ahh... she just look so beautiful when she laughs...

        That's better, I said while I hold her hand on the table... I am glad you are okay Haven...

        She blushed.. 

        I immediately remove my hands that is holding hers. I'm sorry... I said shyly. Being carried away by my feelings...

        Hmmm... Do you want coffee or tea? I ask to change the topic.

        Just coffee, no milk or creamer please... she replied.

        I give her the mug as I finished stirring her coffee. Thanks, she said as she take a sip on the hot drink.

        Okay, let's start eating now. I said with a bright smile.

        We ate in silence. It feels awkward to have her in my apartment. It feels strange to have someone in my bed... I remember last night. I blushed.

        Why? Haven said as she notice my deep thoughts. I feel so ashamed being caught blushing.

        Nothing, I just remember something... I said looking outside the window. I'm sorry I brought you home last night. I don't know where you live so I just decided to keep you with me. I tried to wake you up but you are in a deep sleep. I called Logan and Karl to help me bring you here. I said without pausing.

        I should be the one apologizing. I give you a hard time last night for sure. I am really sorry, I had a few drinks with my friends. I think I lose count eventually, I thought I can manange to go home by myself but eventually felt dizzy along the way. I am so lucky it is you who saw me there... You save me real big time. She said while eating 

        I am glad to know you are not harrased by anyone and just had a good time with your friends. I don't know what to think last night... Well, maybe I just don't know lots of things about you. I don't even know you drink. But it's fine, after all we just met yesterday. I said with sincerity.

        Then maybe we should give time to know each other... she said not looking at me.

        If you are saying this becuase you owe me one last night, you don't have to Haven. No pressure, I said to her while I start fixing the dishes to the sink. I said the words as it process to my mind.

       She look into my eyes.... She seems to be confused?

        Why? Something wrong? I said while I take back my stare from her and started to wash the dirty dishes.

        Let me help you, she said instead as she gets the washed dishes.

        Thanks, I simply said.

        After we fix everything, the awkward silence filled the air again.

        Would you mind if I borrow your toothbrush? she broke the silence.

        I am in a real shocked of what she just asked... but I eventually said "No,I don't Mind"

        She immediately go to the C.R and hear her brushing her teeth. I stand beside the sink still can't believe of what she asked. I never met anyone in my life you borrows toothbrush, isn't it a personal thing?like underwear?I mean, we don't share these things to others. I feel the more eagerness to know this girl. She is really one of a kind... I smiled as I shake my head to get over of just happened.

        I'll just replace your toothbrush Meg, I just really want to brush my teeth now so I can't taste the drinks I had last night, it makes me feel sick. I can't take it any longer... she said innocently as if she doesn't know how crazy she is right now.

        Anything you say Haven, I replied with so much amusedment.