Seventy Two

"What the hell is going on here?"

I stared blankly at him for a few moments before reality finally kicked in.

Harry was here.

"You need to tell your girlfriend here to shut up and stop talking about Louis the way she is!" Ava spoke in a disgusted tone to Harry.

Harry glared at her.

"She is not my girlfriend."

Ouch.

Invisible tears formed in my eyes but I pushed them away.

After everything I had put him through and said to him, I deserved that.

Yes, yes I did.

Louis smirked at me from next to Ava, and it took every bone in me not to pounce on him and slap him so hard that he'll never mess with me or Harry again.

"Harry, you don't understand! You've heard nothing-" I began.

Harry breathed heavily and ran a hand through his hair before stepping inside and pushing past everyone, grabbing my hand and pulling me up the stairs, away from all of the chaos and into his room.

I bit my lip to keep from crying as he shut the door and looked down at me, sad and angry at the same time.

Silent tears began to roll down me cheeks; I couldn't control them anymore.

"Harry, please, I'm so sorry, I didn't know anything..."

My voice trailed off as I brought my hands to my face, wiping away my tears.

I was kind of expecting Harry to wrap his long and comforting arms around me and tell me it's all going to be okay and that he forgives me.

But he didn't.

Instead he stood there, staring beyond me and continually running his hand through his hair, completely silent and not even making the sound of breathing.

I eventually calmed myself down and wiped my remaining tears away, heading for the door in my embarrassment of breaking down so suddenly, but Harry stopped me, finally moving for the first time in the past five minutes.

He sighed and stood in front of the door, leaning on it for support and blocking me from leaving.

He brought his eyes to mine and stared, sorry and sad.

"Do you... know?" He asked, blinking more times than normal.

I nodded slowly. "Why didn't you ever just tell me the truth, Harry? Why keep it a secret from me all this time when you could of saved all of this heartbreak and just plainly told me?"

He bit his lip and ran a hand through his hair.

"I tried Courtney, I really did, but you didn't exactly give me many chances to. You would either leave me to pity our broken relationship or scream at me for hours telling me how evil I was for cheating on you. So, it's kind of both of our faults, to be honest."

I nodded again and moved forward, non-verbally asking for his permission to hug him.

He smiled and pulled me tightly into his arms.

"I'm sorry, about everything. Everything I've done, it's all my fault. I should of just stopped Louis in the first place. I -" Harry started, but I put my finger to his lips and shushed him.

I smiled again and brought my lips to his, wrapping my arms around his neck and kissing him passionately.

"It was mostly my fault, Harry. I'm sorry about everything as well. I kept on pushing you away, even though you did nothing wrong. I'm really, really sorry."

Harry smiled widely before kissing me again.

"And I'm sorry for saying that you're not my girlfriend before, because you totally and completely are, and have always been since day one" Harry gushed. "If, you're still okay with that?"

I grinned wildly and crushed my lips against his.

After a full eight minutes of kissing, I decided to speak.

"Should we go back downstairs now?" I asked, afraid of both responses, really.

Harry bit his lip, but nodded.

Just then, my phone buzzed from my pocket.

"I'll wait for you" Harry smiled, taking a seat on the bed.

I nodded and slid my finger across my screen.

"Hello?"

"Courtney, it's me, Carly."

I froze.

"Uh, hi?" I had no idea how to respond.

"Listen, honey, I'm so sorry about firing you. It wasn't really my fault, you see, as this boy I didn't know came into my office and explained to me that if I didn't fire you within a week, he'd bring down my whole company. I had no idea how to respond or what to do, so I just fired you. I'm really sorry, again" She said.

"Oh. Uh, that's, fine, I guess.. Do you know who he was?"

"No, it's not fine honey, but I've done my research and I figured out that the boy who came into my office was Louis Tomlinson. Do you know of him?"

I gritted my teeth. "Yes. Yes, actually, I do."

"Really? Do you know why he would do such a thing, especially if he knew you?"

"Actually, I do know that also" I told her. "But I'm really sorry, Carly, about bringing my problems into your business. You don't have to hire me again, I'm sure I can bring my world of problems into another business."

I laughed airily with no humour.

"Oh, don't be silly, Courtney! You're job is waiting for you to come next Monday, okay?"

"Okay. Thank you so much, you really don't have to" I told Carly. She can be so nice sometimes.

Harry was sitting at the edge of the bed, curiosity burning his insides, I could tell by the look on his face.

"Of course I do! See you Monday, then!" She said excitedly before hanging up.

I hung up the phone and Harry sprung to his feet.

"Who was that?" He asked, his voice full of curiosity.

"Carly" I explained. "She told me that Louis was the reason that I got fired!"

Anger bubbled up inside of me, taking over the excitement I had felt merely seconds ago at getting my job back.

"What?" Harry yelled.

We both opened the door and ran downstairs to find Louis and Ava making out on the couch.

"What the hell, you idiot!" Harry screamed, making his way towards Louis with his fists balled.

I followed Harry and was prepared to go along with whatever he thought was right.

Louis immediately looked up from Ava's pink lips and glared at him.

"What?"

"Oh, you know exactly what I'm talking about!" Harry screamed. "Getting Courtney fired for some stupid little game you wanted to play with me? What the hell, Louis?"

Louis got up and folded his arms in front of Harry.

"Louis, you did what?" Ava spoke up from the couch.

"Nothing babe, just go on your phone or something and leave us alone!" Louis yelled at Ava.

She gasped and took a step back.

"Excuse me?" She fumed. "Louis, I'm sorry, but I don't care how hot or famous you are, nobody talks to me that way. We are totally done."

Louis opened his mouth to say something, but closed it again as Ava slammed the front door.

"See what you've done now!" Louis screamed at Harry. "She was my only chance at loving someone again, after I fell for Courtney, but you took her!"

"Louis, you can't just talk to her like that and expect her to forgive-" I began.

"Shut up, Courtney! You've done this too, you know! This is so beyond ridiculous now!" Louis yelled, beginning to pace the room in all of his anger.

Silence overcame us for a very long time

*  *  *

"Listen, everyone, this has been going on for too long, and all because of a bit of jealousy and mis-understanding. I apologize for the part I've had in hurting people, and I think you both should as well."

Louis and Harry stared at me blankly from the couch.

Louis was still kind of mad, I guess, but at least he had calmed down just a little bit.

After a few seconds, they both nodded their heads,

"That's a good idea" Louis said. "Especially given the amount of time that this has been going on for. I've missed being friends with you guys and I'm sick of constantly fighting, so I apologize. I think that I'm the one who's done the most damage here, so I'm going to try and make it up to you, both of you, okay?"

I beamed at Louis and hugged him tightly.

Harry cleared his throat before speaking.

"And... I'm sorry too" He spoke in a serious tone. "For what I've done. The way I treated you guys and how I spoke to you wasnt' good enough."

I smiled at Harry and he wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed me.

"Ew, get a room, both of you!" Louis whined from next to us.

I laughed for the first time in ages; it was just like old times.

"Now, I better go and say my apologies to Ava as well. She's just as important to me as any of you are" Louis said.

I smiled and nodded towards him, and he gave Harry and I one last hug before running out the door and into the driveway.

Everyone was happy, and I hoped that it would stay that way forever.