Twenty

My car pulled up at One Direction's driveway.

Harry was waiting for me at the door, a concerned look on his face.

While I walked up to him, I smiled.

He raised his eyebrow. "So I take it that it went well?".

I laughed while nodding. "Yep, sure did. I finally have my best friend back".

Harry smiled at me. "That's good to hear".

He leaned down and pressed his lips against mine.

I grabbed the collar of his shirt to deepen the kiss, my heart setting on fire.

When we pulled away, I smirked at him.

"Well I guess I'll see you tomorrow then" I said.

Harry raised his eyebrow at me, still smirking.

"I don't think so" He said, shaking his head.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "What do you mean?".

He laughed. "You're staying here".

I shook my head. "Not tonight. I have to look pretty for Five Seconds of Summer tomorrow".

He laughed again, shaking his head. "Fine then. I'm sleeping at your house".

It was my turn to laugh. "Okay".

He smirked at me. "I'll be right back".

After pecking my lips quickly, he disappeared up the stairs.

While I was waiting for Harry, Louis appeared in front of me.

"Hey, Courtney!" He said, pulling me into one of his big hugs.

"Hi - Louis" I stuttered, gasping for air.

He chuckled before letting go of me.

"What are you doing back here?" He asked.

I bit my lip. "Um, I'm waiting for Harry to grab his stuff because, he's sleeping over" I told him.

Louis raised his eyebrow at me before bursting into a fit of laughter.

"What's so funny?" Harry asked, approaching us, his fingers wrapped around the top of a small red suitcase.

"You're sleeping over at Courtney's place?" Louis asked, still laughing.

Harry furrowed his eyebrows. "Yea, I am. Something funny about that?".

I stifled a laugh at Harry's expression as he looked down at Louis.

"N-no, nothing's f-funny about that" Louis stuttered between laughs.

Harry shook his head, smiling. "Sometimes I just don't know about you, Louis".

When Louis finally calmed down from all of his laughing, he greeted us goodbye, then walked inside and shut the door.

Harry walked over to me, smiling.

"Let's get going" He said.

I nodded and offered to help carry his suitcase, but he shook his head.

When we reached my car, I opened the boot so that Harry could put his suitcase in there.

As I made my way to the drivers side, Harry beat me to it, leaning against the door casually.

"I'm driving today" He said, smirking at me.

I threw him a playful scowl. "Whatever you say, Styles".

He laughed before slipping into his seat, and me into mine.

"So, what did you and Jess talk about?" Harry asked as he started to drive.

"Everything, really" I replied. "Starting from that night of the party".

Harry nodded.

"And I told her about Jana".

Harry frowned at the mention of Jana's name.

A thought popped into my mind just as I was watching Harry's expression.

"Oh, and Harry?" I asked.

"Mm?"

"Why do you still have a picture of you and Jana in your room?"

Harry swallowed, not looking at me.

"I- I guess I've never really had the time to change it" He said.

I wasn't convinced.

"Harry, do you still love Jana?" I asked, dreading the answer.

Harry took a deep breath.

"Look, Courtney. I used to love Jana, more than anything. But then she cheated on me, and I lost my affection for her. And then I met you. Beautiful, caring, sweet and amazing, I instantly had a massive crush on you. Courtney, if I still loved Jana, I wouldn't have taken you on a date, I would've kissed Jana back that night, I wouldn't have asked you to stay over at my place the night I met you and I certainly wouldn't be staying over at your place now. So please, please try and understand. I love you, more than Jana, more than anybody I've ever dated. I promise. I love you".

Harry's words brought tears to my eyes, and I was lost for words.

"I- I love you too, Harry. More than anything in the whole world" I told him, trying not to cry.

He nodded and put his free arm around me, pulling me as close to him as possible.

The rest of the ride home was pretty quiet; there was only the noise of the engine and light wind outside.

When we finally pulled up outside my driveway, Harry let go of me and got out of the car.

I quickly followed, helping him get his suitcase out of the boot.

I dug around my bag for the front door keys, finding them at the very bottom.

When I unlocked the door, I let Harry inside first before turning the lights on and shutting the door behind us.