Sixty Seven

Harry's POV

I was so mad.

What was it going to take for her to believe me?

It felt as if the world was against me, and there was nothing I could do about it.

My eyes couldn't even produce tears anymore as I drove through the dark, almost empty city of London. Rain poured down from the sky, drenching the small amount of people walking home with tiny umbrellas.

My phone buzzed from the console of my car, and I glanced over the screen quickly, hoping that it was Courtney.

Just my luck, it was.

I reached over and snatched it from the console, sliding my finger across the answer button.

"Hello-" I started, but was unable to finish.

My phone dropped onto my lap as I gaped and swallowed hard at the sight in front of me.

A large, red truck swerved and slid across the wet road, just in front of my car.

I quickly spun the steering wheel out of instinct, but I was too late.

The truck collided with the side of my car and I was smashed against my seat, blood immediately pouring from me.

My vision blurred and all of my senses stopped as the consciousness slowly slipped further and further away from me, the pain unbearable...

Courtney's POV

I had to call Harry, I just had to.

I felt so guilty about not giving him a second chance, but then again, when did he?

Nobody ever asked him to go and cheat on me like that, or did they?

But why would he risk our relationship like that? Cheating on, me... How could he? I would never to that to him.

Ever.

But before I knew it, I was on my feet and grabbing my phone from the side table.

"Hello-"

Harry's voice hit me like lightening, and I had to bite my lip to keep from crying again.

I was about to start speaking but was cut off by a loud beep from a truck horn coming from the other end of the phone.

My mind spun with thoughts. What was Harry doing driving a truck? I thought he had brought his own car...

My stomach dropped at another noise that sounded on the other end of the phone, something much, much worse than a truck horn.

A loud smash and the sound of steel hitting more steel, and loud crunches.

I screamed as I realised what had happened, and immediately started yelling into the phone.

"Harry! Harry are you okay?" I asked desperately.

My mind began to fuzz as I scrambled to my feet, grabbed my keys and ran for my car.

"I'm coming Harry, where are you?" I breathed hurriedly.

More realisation hit me as I ran to my car.

He was unconcious, and it was all my fault. If I had of just made up with him and forgiven him for cheating on me, we would probably be in my hotel room smiling and laughing right now.

In fact, if I hadn't have called him at all he wouldn't be in this situation.

How could I be so stupid?