Thirty

I slammed the door shut as I entered my house, dripping wet and sobbing.

I threw my bag on the bench and sat down on the stool, hugging my knees.

A never-ending stream of tears flooded my cheeks, my heart cracked in half.

Just as I was about to get up, I could hear a loud pounding on the door.

Without thinking, I rushed to open it.

My heart fell into my stomach.

Dripping wet, red eyes and frowning, he stood there.

"What do you want, Harry?" I stammered.

"Look, Courtney, I'm sorry-"

"I don't want your apology" I snapped, storming into the living room, leaving the door wide open.

"Then what do you want?" Harry said, beginning to follow me. "I'll do anything! I'm so sorry".

I turned around, facing his miserable yet beautiful face.

Anger and sadness filled me all at once. I just couldn't handle all of this stress.

"Harry, I- I just can't handle this!"

I crumpled to my knees in front of Harry, placing my hands over my face.

I could feel his soft hands on my cheeks as he bent down beside me.

"What's wrong?" He asked softly.

"Everything" I whispered.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

I nodded, removing my hands from my face.

Harry gave me a warm and encouraging smile as we made our way to the couch.

"I'm sorry" I said once we were both seated. "For breaking down like that. For fighting with you. For... Everything".

My threatening tears returned.

"I'm sorry too" Harry said, rubbing his hand on my back to comfort me. "I shouldn't have yelled at you. Or Louis".

I nodded and rested my head on his shoulder.

"I guess I just can't take all of the stress and pressure" I said. "Louis announced that you're leaving on Monday, which gives us such little time to spend together, less than five days. You're also not going to be here for my twenty first birthday, and I received a bunch of hate messages on Twitter. Harry, I just can't take all of this!".

More tears.

"I know that there's a lot going on right now, but we both just need to find a way to persevere through this, okay?" Harry said softly, pulling me closer to him.

I nodded and he kissed the top of my head.

"So, we're all good now?" He asked, trying to lighten up the mood a little.

I laughed quietly and nodded.

"Do you want to to back to the house?"

I shook my head. I didn't feel like being around the One Direction boys just yet. I didn't really want to be around anybody at the moment, except Harry.

"You could stay here?" I asked.

"No, it's okay. I'll let you have some alone time" Harry said, getting up off the couch.

"No, please stay" I begged, grabbing his wrist. "For me?".

Harry sighed, but then smirked, re-joining me on the couch.

"You really want me to stay that much?"

I nodded frantically.

Harry laughed and hugged me tightly.

"I love you Courtney" He whispered.

"I love you too, Harry".

"Don't ever leave me".

"I won't".

"Promise?"

"Promise".

I looked up at Harry so that he could place his soft lips against mine.

My hands soon found their way to his hair, getting tangled in the curls and pulling gently as Harry kissed me passionately.

When we pulled away, Harry smirked.

"That was nice" He said. "We haven't kissed like that in a while".

I rolled my eyes at him.

Only ten minutes ago we were fighting and broke up, now we were on my couch making out, back together.

"Do you even have any clothes here?" I asked him.

"Sure I do, I keep a whole suitcase full in my car".

I laughed. "Why?".

"Because I knew that I would need clothes whenever I came here. I don't exactly want to be seen walking around the streets of London wearing dresses and skirts".

I laughed at the image that popped into my head of Harry in a dress.

"You'd look good though" I joked.

Harry rolled his eyes.

"So, what do you want to do?" Harry asked.

"Anything" I replied blankly.

"Oh, I wouldn't say that if I were you" Harry teased.

I rolled my eyes.

"You have a dirty mind, Harry".

He raised his eyebrows at me before pinning me to the couch.

"Did you think I was joking? He asked.

I rolled my eyes as he grabbed my wrists.

"Admittedly, yes".

He laughed before lowering his lips to mine.

"Well, I wasn't" He said in between kisses.

"I'm sure you weren't" I laughed, pulling away from his seductive kiss.

"Harry, can we do something else?" I laughed.

He groaned as he got off me. "Fine".

"Let's just watch a movie" I suggested, grabbing the remote.

"Sure" He said grumpily.

"What, don't you want to watch a movie?" I asked.

"I want you" He replied, turning to face me with his desperate eyes.

His response shocked me, as the remote slipped from my fingers.