Twenty Nine

About a week passed since the shopping trip.

It was a Wednesday, and Harry and I were sitting on the couch checking our phones and social media.

"So, anything new?" I asked Harry as he pulled out his phone.

He gasped as soon as he opened Twitter.

"What?"

"T-there are thousands of pictures of us k-kissing at the shopping centre" He whispered. "A-and you don't want to read the comments".

My eyes widened as I snatched the phone off Harry.

I gasped, mirroring Harry's formal expression when he first saw the pictures.

Thousands of hate messages popped up before my eyes.

"Harry shares a kiss with his new girlfriend. What a show-off she is, going into public places just so she can kiss Harry Styles and become popular"

"Harry Styles has probably made the biggest mistake of his whole life dating this ugly thing"

"Kisses during a shopping trip? That girl needs to apply a little more makeup and make her hair look like she hasn't just woken up if she's going to go around kissing Harry Styles. He's way to good for her"

"Seriously? She probably knocked that wig off him to show off to everybody that she's kissing Harry Styles. Get a life, idiot".

"Down-grading again, are we Harry?".

"W-why would people say that kind of stuff?" I whispered, tears welling up in my eyes.

Harry looked guilty and sad as he looked down at me.

"I'm so sorry" He said, wrapping his arms around me. "I swear, these people know nothing about you. Everything that they've said is the total opposite to what you are".

I shook my head.

"They're probably right, anyway. You're way too good for me, Harry".

Harry tilted my chin up with the tip of his finger.

"Courtney, listen to me. Don't believe anything that these people say about you. They just hate you because you're dating me and their jealous that they aren't. Please believe me Courtney, they know absolutely nothing about you".

I nuzzled my head into the crook of his neck.

"I love you" I whispered.

"I love you more".

We sat there in silence for a few minutes, the only noise in the quiet house is the soft footsteps of the rest of the boys upstairs.

"Harry, I'm going to miss you so much when you're gone" I said.

"Me too, Courtney. You have no idea" Harry replied. "It's not fair that Mia gets to come and you don't".

"I know, but my mum's making me stay for the rest of my family because it's my twenty first".

"I'll send you flowers and get an amazing present delivered to you" Harry said, trying to lift my spirits a little.

"I know" I said. "But I would give anything to have you here with me".

"Me too".

Louis came downstairs, holding five tickets in his hand.

"The plane tickets just arrived in the mail" He explained to Harry. "We leave on Monday".

"What?!" Harry yelled. "Monday? I thought we were leaving in two weeks!".

"I know, so did I, but then they called me and explained that they are unable to get us a private flight if we leave then".

Harry sighed and ran his fingers through his hair.

"Y-you're leaving on Monday? I said to Louis.

He nodded, a solemn expressing on his face.

"Well this changes things" Harry said. "A lot".

"I know, and I'm really sorry Haz. Just spend the whole week together, the two of you. Stay at an expensive hotel or something-"

"No, you don't get it Lou. We need time, more time together. I mean, we're not going to see each other for three months. Three months!".

A tear streamed down my face as I looked down at the floor.

"I'm sorry. I was just trying to be nice"

"Well stop trying and get lost!" Harry yelled, getting up and pacing the room.

Louis frowned and walked away.

"Harry, you didn't have to be rude about it. He was only trying to he-"

"Courtney, just shut up, I'm so stressed out right now and you both are just being so irritating-"

"Excuse me? I'm being irritating? Louis was just trying to be nice, and you yelled at him to get lost, and now you come and throw you're anger on me? I don't think so Harry".

All of the sadness I felt only a minute ago was drained from me, only to be replaced with anger.

"Stop yelling at me, Courtney-"

"No, you stop yelling at me! You can't always just boss people around when you feel like it Harry! It doesn't matter how big or famous you are-"

"Courtney, just shut up!" Harry screamed.

Boy, had the tables turned since Louis brought up the news of leaving sooner.

One minute we were telling each other how much we love one another, the next yelling, cursing and screaming, letting our mixed emotions run wild.

I bit back the urge to cry as Harry's harsh words stung me.

"You know what Harry? You need to learn your lesson and accept people for who they are, especially when they only have good intentions for you. Maybe you just need to stop and think about what you actually have in life, and not take everything for granted. I won't be taken for granted Harry, so you know what? I'm done, with whatever we had here".

I got up off the couch and hurriedly made my way to the door.

"Courtney, wait! I'm sorry!"

"I don't care Harry! You don't care about anyone but yourself!"

"Please, I really am so-"

"Don't touch me!" I yelled as he grabbed my wrist.

"Listen-"

"I'm not listening to you anymore Harry! Let me go, now!"

I yanked my arm out of his grip and ran to my car.

It was pouring with rain and I had to try hard not to slip as I ran.

My vision clouded as I hurriedly stumbled into my car and locked the car.

Harry chased me and knocked on the window repeatedly but I drove off, leaving him wet and sobbing in the heavy, miserable rain.