Twenty Four

Harry and I exchanged worried glances before he put his arm around me.

"Don't be afraid of her" He whispered.

I shook my head.

"It's okay, Harry. I'm fine now" I replied.

Harry nodded, attempting to soothe me by rubbing my back.

"Should I open it?" Zayn asked.

I nodded, but Harry still looked concerned.

Zayn slowly walked towards the door, placing a hand on the knob.

Before he had the chance to open the door, Jana burst into the room, ignoring Zayn.

She walked straight towards where Harry and I were both standing.

My heart rate increased as she got closer, and I felt Harry squeeze my hand beside me.

Unexpectedly, Jana grabbed my wrist and forcefully tugged me towards the study across the hall, causing Harry's hand to drop from mine.

I screamed in fear as Jana continued to pull me through the door.

Harry was following us, running to keep up with Jana's forceful tug.

Eventually, Jana managed to pull me into the study, slamming the door behind her and locking it.

I gasped as I heard Harry slam into the door.

"What is your problem?!" I yelled at her, making my way over to the door to let Harry in, but I felt her hand curl around my wrist.

"Please" She whispered. "Just listen".

I raised my eyebrow in confusion and stopped attempting to free myself from Jana's grip.

Had I just heard what I think I heard?

Was Jana actually attempting to be polite with me?

For the first time since she entered the house, I looked at her solemn face.

She had dark circles under her eyes and she looked quite miserable.

"A-are you okay?" I asked, wondering what was wrong with her today.

She shook her head gloomily.

"Look" Jana said. "I'm sorry. I really am".

I looked at her, still confused.

"I'm sorry about our past" She said. "I guess I was just going through some sort of a phase and had too much pride to acknowledge all the terrible things I did to you".

I gaped at her.

"Are you being serious?" I asked, still not believing what I think I just heard Jana say.

Jana roller her eyes at me.

"Yes I'm being serious" She confirmed. "Just because I used to hate you, doesn't mean that I still do now. I'm nearly twenty years old, for God's sake. We were teenagers when all of that happened Courtney! Don't you think that the time has come to let that all go now?".

"Yea, I guess so" I replied, looking at the floor.

Suddenly, I felt myself being pulled into a hug.

"I'm sorry" I heard Jana mumble as she hugged me.

"Me too".

We stood there for a few more seconds before Harry rapped on the door.

"Courtney?! Are you okay?" He yelled through the door.

I giggled slightly.

"Yea, I'm fine" I called back.