Six

I looked up from my seat at the sound of Harry's voice breaking the silence.

I nearly gasped.

Harry was driving up a long stone driveway filled with trees and plants on either side of the road, a large house planted at the end of it.

"Wow" I breathed.

The house was absolutely beautiful. From the outside, anyway.

It had large quartz stones fixed into it, with small trees and flowers accompanying the garden. The door was very tall and wide, with cast iron bars protecting it.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Louis piped up from the back seat.

I nodded, not taking my eyes off the house. "Do you all live here?" I asked.

"Yep" Liam said triumphantly, straightening up a little.

"Wow" I said again.

Harry giggled slightly at my reaction.

I shot him a small glance before the car came to a halt at the end of the driveway.

"So, want to come inside?" Harry asked, still smiling.

I nodded furiously, knowing that the inside of the house would be even more amazing than the outside, and he laughed again.

He beckoned me forward before placing his arm around my shoulder and walking me to the cast iron gates that guarded the front door.

I felt my heart skip a beat.

"Zayn, do you have the key?" He called.

"No, I think Niall does" He replied.

"Yea, it's right here" Niall said, before tossing a silver key to Harry.

Harry removed his arm from my shoulder to catch the key, sending a slight wave of disappointment through me.

Harry finally unlocked the gates and door, letting everyone inside and flicking on the lights.

This time, I couldn't help the gasp that escaped my lips.

There was a grand marble staircase at the entrance of the door, with red carpet draped on top of each step.

The living room had long, white sofas, with bright yellow and orange cushions prepped up against the sofas, and a birch coffee table with a vase of flowers sitting on top.

I blinked a couple more times than I should have, adjusting to the beautiful sight of the house.

"Like it?" Harry asked, staring at my expression with amusement.

"Like it?" I said, blinking again. "Like it? Harry, I love it! It' so beautiful."

He smiled at me, shaking his head slightly with a small laugh at my innocence.

"Want me to show you upstairs?" Louis asked? 

"Sure" I replied.

"I'll make something to eat" Niall called as he rushed into the kitchen.

"Come on" Louis said, grabbing my wrist impatiently and dragging me up the stairs.

"Hey, Louis, wait up!" Harry called, before running up the stairs to catch up to us.

"Why should I -"

There was a loud thud before Louis burst into laughter.

"Ow! That hurt!" Harry's voice rung through the staircase.

I looked down to see what had happened. Harry had tripped on one of the steps and hit his knee during the fall. I couldn't help but giggle.

"Courtney Topaz, are you laughing at me?" He called.

"What? How do you know my surname?" I called down to him.

"Oh I know a lot of things, Miss Topaz".

I laughed sarcastically. It somehow felt natural to joke and talk to Harry now.

"And I sure know a lot of things about you, Harry Edward Styles" I replied confidently.

"Oh yea, me too" Louis said, before he winked and threw me a smirk.

"That's it, I'm coming up and getting you both" Harry said, picking himself up off the stairs and running back up.

Me and Louis screamed sarcastically before running to the top of the stairs.

"Quick hide!" Louis yelled to me.

I nodded and laughed quietly to myself before running into a nearby walk-in wardrobe, silently closing the door behind me.

I heard Harry's soft footsteps walk through the corridor before coming to a halt and then starting up again, this time in a different direction.

It was pretty silent after that, and my thoughts began to wander to my surroundings a little.

I could smell the strong scent of Harry's strong cologne radiating off the clothes in the wardrobe, although it was pretty dark so I couldn't see much.

Suddenly, I felt an hand curl around my wrist and I screamed.

I heard a laugh before realising that it was Harry.

He had found me.

"Harry!" I yelled. "You scared me to death!"

He laughed again through the darkness. "That was the point."

I rolled my eyes even though he couldn't really see them.

"Did I ever mention that I was a pro tickler?" He asked, and I could tell that he was smirking through the darkness.

"Harry-" But I was cut off by Harry's soft fingers digging into my sides, and loud laughter escaping my lips.

"Harry! Stop!" I managed to gasp through my loud bursts of laughter.

"What the magic word?" He asked, using my weakness against me.

"Please!" I begged. "Please!"

"Fine"

He laughed with me again before removing his fingers from my sides.

When I could finally breathe again, I spoke.

"Can we please get out of his wardrobe now?" I pleaded. "It's getting quite stuffy in here."

He laughed. "Sure. I think Niall's cooking up a storm downstairs".

I laughed with him before making my way out of the wardrobe.

We found Niall cooking in the kitchen with a 1D apron on, smiling at us as we approached him.

"Niall, really? A One Direction apron? You make me laugh!" I said, smiling.

He returned the smile, nodding.

"What? Am I not allowed to wear my own personalised apron? He asked, grinning.

I laughed. "Uh, sure, I guess."

"What exactly are you cooking over here?"

"A batch of fresh home made cookies" he replied proudly.

He picked up the tray which held the delicous smelling cookies and made his way over to the living room.

"Who's hungry?"