Two

"I'm just going to say hi to Kylie," I said to Jess as soon as we entered the large party. It was absolutely huge; there were streamers, balloons and decorations everywhere.

I spotted Kylie standing next to a tall guy with brown hair and blue eyes. "Happy Birthday!" I said as I approached her, pulling her into a hug.

"Hey Courtney! Thank you," She said as I handed her the present I had bought for her. "This is my boyfriend, Jacob."

"Hi, I'm Courtney," I told him, smiling at him.

"Jacob" He replied, shaking my hand.

"This is a really nice party," I told Kylie, breaking the little awkward silence that seemed to have formed between us.

"Thank you!" Kylie replied, beaming at me. "There are quite a lot of celebrities here, thanks to my aunt. You should really try and meet most of them."

"Will do." I said, smiling at her in excitement.

"Well, I've got to go and find out how long before dinner, but I'll see you around," She said, giving me a quick hug before taking Jacob's hand and disappearing into the crowd.

I wandered around the large room, taking in every detail and attempting to look for Jess again.

"Hey Courtney!" Jess' loud voice sounded from across the room. "Come over here!"

Loud music was playing from the large set of speakers located in the middle of the room at the dance floor. I made my way over to her, pushing through the crowds of people.

"Look who I met!" She said as soon as I got closer to her, pointing to five boys standing next to her.

My heart skipped at least two beats and I nearly fell over.

It couldn't be...

"Oh. My. God. "You're... One Direction?"

I had to try hard to keep my breath at a steady level. I was standing in front of the biggest boy band in the world.

"Yep, that's us." Niall said.

Niall Horan just spoke to me.

I was still frozen, with my mouth hanging wide open. They laughed at my expression.

"Courney" Jess hissed. "Say something."

Here eyes widened at me and I swallowed. I brought myself back to earth for a second and tried not to have a fan girl attack.

"Right, sorry, I'm Courtney," I told them.

"Nice to meet you, Courtney" Harry Styles said, beaming at me.

"It's nice to meet you too," I stuttered in return, still in shock and awe.

It was quiet for a few moments before Harry spoke again.

"Would you like to dance?" Harry asked. I opened my mouth but then closed it again, nodding my head and smiling.

"Okay, sure" I responded, a little nervous. He took my hand and dragged me to the middle of the crowd. I had to bite my lip from smiling like an idiot.