Chapter 36

Another weekend is over now without anything special going on.

At the moment I am on my way to the assembly hall in our school because we have got assembly today.

I push the door open and take a seat.

A few minutes later Mr Miller, our head teacher, is standing in front of us.

“As you all know the home coming dance is on in a few weeks.” Right! I totally forgot that. That would be a perfect event to keep working on my list.

“And for this we still need a few more people who want to help with the organisation.” Mr Miller is saying in hope that he would see some hands of some excited pupils wanting to help.

At the least there are two hands. So he is not completely disappointed.

After assembly I make my way to my first class with some people following me even if they don’t have the next class with me. But there are just a few behind me not so many as there were when Cecelia wasn’t in school. Now she is in again so most of them are following her around again.

I have realised that I have actually no idea how to get more friends. It is so frustrating.
I think I have to carry on with being wisecracking, being sure about myself, having the newest stuff etc.
I just have to be like Cecelia.
On Saturday I decided that it is maybe a good idea to work on the next point ‘not hang out with losers’. I think if I can do this I will get more friends automatically.
So basically I can only hang out with Cecelia and her crew. Only then Cecelia will accept me. For her all the others are kind of losers. She accepts her followers being around to do all kinds of things for her but she doesn’t really like them or something.

~

It is Tuesday today. And as yesterday I am on my way to my first class.

There is a whole group of little girls standing in front of me and there is no way to get through.

“Out of my way, you annoying children!” They all turn around to me as I said that to them.

“Are your ears not working? If I want to go somewhere I won’t accept anyone to bar my way. Did I make myself clear?” I am yelling. Then suddenly they all step backwards. They don’t look at me. They don’t say anything.

~

“You have to say what you want because no one can read your mind.”