Chapter 20

“I’m having a Tequila Sunrise, please.”

 I’m standing behind the bar of “The Sound”, a disco in our town.

Jimmy has showed me everything. He also told what I have to do and how to mix different cocktails and other drinks I need to make.

I said that I can work here every Tuesday and Friday if he will be fine with me after this week.

So here I am.

At the moment it’s 1:30am.

So there still one and half an hour to go. I should work from 11pm till 3am he said and I will get 30$ for every day plus the tips.

So if I get this job after this week I won’t have any problem anymore about money.

I can easily pay Billy, the boy for my homework, my magazines and there will still be much left to go shopping.

~

Finally it’s 3am and I’m going home.

At this time of the night and after working for four hours the way home seems much longer than when I went to the disco and I was so excited about the job.

Now I’m just tired and I would fall asleep while walking if I wouldn’t remind me of the need to stay awake every five seconds.

Because my parents would freak out if you wouldn’t find me in the morning because I worked in a disco in the middle of the night without them knowing and I was so tired that I couldn’t make the way home.

I think you can imagine the situation I would be in.

So I force me to walk and walk till I finally get home.

I climb up the little ladder on the side of our garage, pulling myself up on the rope to my room (with my last energy) and fall onto my bed and fall asleep a minute later without changing my clothes or brushing my teeth.

The only thing I could force myself today before falling on my bed was to put the rope back into the cupboard and close the window.

~

When my alarm clock rings in the morning, so much too early, I nearly fall back to sleep but then I remembered that if I would fall to sleep again my mum would come up to my room to wake me up. And that would mean that she would see me sleeping in my normal clothes and also she would see in which condition I am in at the moment.

So I decide to go to the bathroom before my mum could possible notice me to change my clothes and put so much make up on my face that no one could be able to see how tired I am.

I need to get this job.

So I have to do everything for my mum not knowing about it and for doing the best job I could. Because there is still Thursday left when I have to proof again that I am the perfect one for this job.

Only then I will get the job and all my problems would be solved.

~

In front of the school Amber is already waiting for me.

“Where have you been? What took you so long? What did you revise for the English test paper? I feel like I did nothing really.”

What is she talking about?

“Which English test paper?” I start to get nervous. What is she talking about?

“The one we will write now! Did you forget about it?” She is staring at me like I am an alien or something.

“Oh my god! I TOTALLY forgot about it.” Shit, what am I supposed to do know?

“What things to I need to know?” I am taking a bit of paper and a pencil out of my bag scribbling down what Amber tells me Mr Henderson will test us on.

“... So you really want to use this cheat slip in your English test? I can’t believe it. Who are you?”

She is walking away.

I kind of got used to it because she does it a lot: Just walking away without saying goodbye or something.

I’m running up to my English classroom.

I feel so queasy about this whole thing.

~

“There is always a first time.”

Author's note:

Another chapter for you guys!! I hope you enjoy reading it.

I know there is not sooo much going on in this one.

But I am kind of busy at the moment.

Anyway the next chapter will be a bit longer.

I will try to make it at least two pages long:D

PLEASE VOTE AND FAN!!!

BECAUSE I ENTERED THE "WATTY AWARDS" WITH THIS STORY!!

Thanks for your support!

See you

xoxoxoxoxo