Chapter 21

My alarm clock is ringing. And I’m grabbing for it to turn it off.

Today is Thursday. So today will be just a normal day and tomorrow I will have to work again. It’s so exhausting but I still need it. My parents really didn’t realise anything. Thankfully!

I’m getting up and scuffling to the bathroom. A look in the mirror tells me that there’s a lot to do today. So I’m getting started to get ready.

I brush my teeth, wash my face and hair, blow-drying my hair and brushing it, putting make up on and putting mascara and kohl on. Today my make up should be a bit more decent.

Then I’m putting on my clothes I left on my chair yesterday evening. It’s a skinny, rose t-shirt and a skinny pair of black jeans.

After that I’m brushing my hair again because it’s all messed up from pulling the t-shirt over my hand. At last I put on my favourite lip gloss and finished!

“Honey, are you coming down to get some breakfast, please?”

That’s my mum. She always shouts for me like I’m still a little child who is not able to look on a clock and come down by herself.

That’s so annoying sometimes.

Anyway I’m grabbing my bag and going down the staircase around the corner in our kitchen.

My mum placed a little bowl on the cupboard. I know that she wants me to fill it up with sweet cereals and splash some milk over it.

But I’m taking the bowl, an apple and a banana, starting to chop the fruits into the bowl and finally place a spoonful of natural yoghurt on top of it.

No sweets, no sugar in it! Just healthy!

But mum doesn’t look so happy about my healthy breakfast, kind of weird I know.

“What do you think this should be? I can tell you what it is not: It’s definitely not a breakfast for a big girl like you are!”

I roll my eyes, without her noticing it, at the word “big girl”.

Like I said: She treats me like I’m still a child!

“For your advice: This is a healthy breakfast. And I like it that way.”

I’m marching passed her and sitting down on the table, enjoying my meal.

Like I would care what she thinks about my breakfast.

And I really don’t want to get fat because I stuff in all these sweet, unhealthy things!

When I’m finished I go to the hall and I’m slipping into my new high heels. I love them!

My mum is screaming at me again that I’m not allowed to wear these shoes to school and that she doesn’t like the way I’m dressed and that I need a REAL breakfast and that I simply can’t do whatever I want to do.

But I’m just ignoring her wanting to show her that I can do whatever I want to do and I’m going out and closing the door behind me.

What an exhausting morning.

I’m going to school, having time to refresh from this start in the day with my mum.

My first class today is biology.

Yesterday after school I met Billy again at the back gate and he handed me my homework. So I don’t have to worry about anything. I can just relax.

And that’s exactly how it was: Relaxing.

At first he checked the attendance list and after that he asked to have a look on our homework.

So I took out my sheets from Billy.