Chapter 12

I am in my room. I am thinking of the whole thing over and over again.

And I have just realised that Amber was my only friend. And because she is kind of my enemy now I don’t have any friends anymore. I have no one.

When this thought comes to my mind it hits me like a hard and heavy rock.

I have no one.

No one to talk to, no one to laugh with. I’m totally on my own.

“Okay” I think. I have to do something. On the list it says have a lot of friends and not be alone.

So there are two possibilities. First one: I try to be friends with Amber again, second one: I’ll make new friends.

It is kind of clear to be because Amber has died for me. I can’t even try to be friends with her again. I hate her! And you can’t hang out with someone you hate, don’t you?

So I have to make new friends. Okay. There is Cecelia and her crew.

No! I can never be friends with her. She’s my enemy! Let’s see who I could make friends with.

There is Syla Batherton. She’s in my grade. Her family is very rich. I was once at her house and it looks like a palace. It is just amazing.

Another girl from my grade is Lea Martin. I don’t know very much about her. She is kind of shy but she also seems to be nice.

~

I can see her sitting at her desk. She is not talking to anyone. She is just sitting there and drawing or writing something into her jotter.

“Hi! Lea, right?” I’m starting the conversation.

“Yes. Hi, Anny!” She knows my name, great! It wouldn’t work if she would have never recognised me.

“I wondered if we could hang around together sometimes.” I said trying to seem cool.

“Okay?!” She answers hesitantly. She seems to be a bit confused. Okay, maybe it actually is a bit weird that I walk over to her and kind of ask her being my friend when I don’t know more about her than her name.
But the fact is: I need SOMEONE! And this someone is definitely not Amber!

“Great! Do you want to meet tomorrow after school in town, maybe at Starbucks?”

“Sure, why not.” She’s sending me a shy smile.

“See you tomorrow then. I would say about four o’clock!” I’m not waiting for her to answer I just turn around swinging my hair around my and walking away.

All the others in class are watching me. I think they’re also kind of confused because this is actually the first time after this event in class that I’m acting self-conscious.
But the thing is: I’m really just acting. On the inside I’m so nervous and unsure. These glances I get from everyone. It’s really hard to stand all this. But I’m doing my best trying to stay and look calm on the outside while my inside is near a big explosion.

So I will meet Lea tomorrow.
Hopefully she fits in the role of my new best friend. I know there is also Syla but she is a bit too self-conscious and outstanding when I want to stand out. I can’t be like that with her at my side.

That’s what I think.

~

I can see Lea waiting for me in front of Starbucks. I’m just five minutes late.

“Hiya! Let’s go inside.” I’m greeting her. I won’t apologise that I’m five minutes too late. That wouldn’t fit my new image.

We take a desk on the back of the café. I have my usual hot Vanilla Latte in front of me. The sweet smell is flowing into my nose. Wonderful! Lea is sitting with a regular tea in front of me.

“ So, what are you doing? I mean your hobbies etc.” I’m trying to get started.

“Oh, uhm. I like reading books. I have a lot of them at home. My favourites are fantasy and history ones.”

“Interesting!” I’m lying. I mean how could she be more boring?

“Do you go shopping sometimes or just meeting friends at home or something like that?”
Please, please let her answer with yes. That would save the whole reading books thing. That would prove to me that she’s normal.
I know it’s a bit weird to judge people like this. But I have to be and act like the new me does and not like the old, boring, invisible Anny.

 “Not really. I don’t really enjoy shopping. Don’t you think that it’s boring walking around for hours and doing nothing apart from getting changed again and again?”

“Hmm... Don’t know. And what about meeting friends? For example like we do at the moment.”

“I don’t really do that either. I probably would if I would have some more friends, you know? I was really glad that you ask me to meet you because normally no one does that.” She’s smiling her shy smile again.

I have to admit that I feel kind of sorry for her as she says that.
But on the other hand: She is such a boring person! And even if I would ignore that fact I don’t feel like I would be able to really talk to her, talk to her as a best friend.
That is just impossible!

And now I have to spend this whole afternoon with her. I will die of deadly dullness. Great!

~

Finally the afternoon was over and I was free again. I was right it was really horrible!

When we finally said goodbye she said that maybe we could meet again because she has really enjoyed this afternoon. I just said that we will see and I walked away as fast as possible without looking weird.

But I am sure that I will never meet her again. It was real torture sitting there with here for hours and hours. Never, ever again! Even if I would never tell her that personally.

Now I’m alone again and no one to talk to. But I need someone, but whom?
Not Lea that’s clear, not Syla and definitely not Cecelia and her crew. The only person who is left is

Amber!

~

“Sometimes we’re not able to see which person we need the most.”

Author's note:

I'm so sorry that I haven't uploaded any chapters for such a long time. But here I go again;)

This is more like a filling chapter but I hope you'll enjoy it anyway!

PLEASE COMMENT, FAN AND VOTE;)

Love you all<3<3