Chapter 29

A few seconds later I could make out Amber in the crowd heading towards me.

“Hi there!” I greeted her.

“Hey, Anny! I really need to talk to you, you know?”
She sounds kind of annoyed. I wonder why.

“Are you listening Anny?”

“Yes, I am. Sure!”
I think I probably shouldn’t tell her about Cecelia and my plan to become friends with her.
I don’t really know why. But I kind of have the feeling that this wouldn’t be a good idea.
She seems annoyed anyway and I don’t think she would understand why I need to become friends with her.
I don’t know why but that is what I think!

“You are not listening Anny! And that is what all this is about... nearly. You changed so much during the last weeks. You are not yourself anymore! In the past you always listened to me. You were the best friend I could imagine! And now you are just ignoring me and what I have to say.
There is something important I tried to tell you during the last weeks but you have never listened to me.
So now I’ll tell you anyway if you want to hear it or not. I don’t care!

I have a boyfriend, for God’s sake! But it wasn’t possible for me to tell you this important change in my life.
The only thing you think about lately is your own life.”

“That is not true! You could have told me! And I can’t remember that you have tried to tell me.” I’m agreeing angry.
She has no right to shout at me like that less than ever without a real reason. That is not a reason because she is wrong.

“You can’t remember because you didn’t listen to me! I’m done with you Anny. I won’t need to talk to you if you don’t listen anyway.”

With these words she walks off as she is doing it a lot now.

 ~

“Friends are used to each other as they med each other. Sometimes they can’t deal with a change.”