Chapter 14

Here I am again.

I am sitting at a Starbucks table, just the one where I sat with Lea. And I am waiting. But this time I am not waiting for Lea but for Amber. It is such a good feeling having her around again.

There she is.

She is coming through the entrance, looking around, spotting me and heading towards the table I am sitting at. She is sending me her lovely smile and I can see that she is also very happy to see me.

“Hi, Anny!” She is sitting down on the other side of the table while I am searching for an eye contact with the waitress so we can order our drinks.

“So how are you? We haven’t talked for a while, haven’t we?” Amber is asking.

“I’m just great. And you?”

“I’m good, thanks. It is so long ago we really talked. You missed so much that happened in my life.”

The waitress is coming. I order my usual Vanilla Latte and Amber orders her usual Caramel Latte. It smells mouth-watering.

~

“You know what happened? It is so unbelievable you don’t know. Okay, so what I have to tell you is...”

It is really unbelievable she doesn’t know. It is so important to me and my best friend doesn’t know about it. I’m so excited to tell her. She will be impressed. I can tell that.

She just took a sip of her Coffee and now she is looking up to.

“Don’t you want to know about the plan, what has happened and the progress I could make?”

And from this point on she is just talking about her plan, her life and what has happened to her. She talks just about herself! She totally ignores that I have started to tell her something. She doesn’t agree to it at all.

I try to tell her several times again but she wouldn’t let me interrupt her.

She is too excited about her own life to realise that her best friend wants to tell her something that is very important to her because it is actually.

After I don’t know how long I am starting to get really annoyed of her because she acts so selfish, anyway it seems like that to me.

But I don’t tell her about what I think because we have just made up again and I don’t want to fight again and also I am not able to tell her because she doesn’t let me.

So I sit there, I think it was for two hours, just listening to her. She doesn’t even realise that she is repeating herself a few times. I listen and smile at her like everything is normal but it is not really.

At six o’clock we finally say goodbye and I take a bus home, kind of glad that I don’t have to listen to her anymore.

It would have been so important to me to tell her what has happened in my life because it is so wonderful. I am so happy at the moment because this special thing happened.

And it would make me even happier if I could talk about it with Anny. I want to share this amazing thing and all my memories and experiences with her.

But she just doesn’t let me.

I’m not so sure anymore if this list and the idea to actually put it into practice was such a good idea.

She changes so much.

The old Anny would have listened to me with enthusiasm but this new Anny doesn’t.

It is actually a bit scary how she has changed. But as I said I don’t want to be angry again. She is still my best friend and I should be there for her and support her in want she is doing and help her if something went wrong.

That’s what I will do... I think. I mean this is what I should do, isn’t it? I am not so sure anymore.

~

“People change!”

Author's note:

And another chapter for you! I hope you enjoy it!

I know it probably doesn't seem like a very important scene but it kind of is:D

It would be great if you could COMMENT, FAN and VOTE!

Thanks for reading<33