Chapter 27: Drugged

It's been four days since Castiel and Dean had sex. Cass wants to go for another round but Dean always says "I'm too tired" or "I'm too stressed out for it, Cass; maybe sometime later." He's said it m seven times, and it's beginning to make a hard, painful feeling grow in the pit of Castiel's stomach.

--

Castiel felt something on his chest, a finger tracing him. Cass smiled and tried to keep acting asleep but the lower Dean got, the harder it was getting.

"Where did these come from?" Dean whispered, still tracing down Castiel's firm chest. Cass smiled and opened his eyes, looking right at Dean.

"Haven't I told you?" Cass asked, taking Dean's unoccupied hand in his own.

"Possibly but I'm not that great of a listener so do repeat."

Castiel smiled "After I had been living with Anna and Samuel for a month or two, I can't remember how long now, Samuel saw Anna and another girl kissing so he flipped out, he hit her and apparently had been cutting her in the past. I told her we'd run away and he heard our plans and came at me with a butcher knife and well, he cut me up good. Then he shot me in the leg and shoulder. Anna stitched me up rather well so I guess she saved my life. I owe it to her, I owe a lot to her."

Dean gave a small smile, one of sadness, and laid his head on Castiel's chest, outlining the scars from the butchers knife. "Why didn't you go to a hospital? Or call Sam?"

"I didn't want to get found..."

Dean picked his head up and turned his back against Castiel "By me, you didn't want to be found by me."

"Yeah, you did just cheat on me..."

"I know but, wasn't your health more important than your pride?"

Castiel sat up at the foot of the bed, his hands shielding his face "Don't say that I was avoiding hospitals because of my pride. You flat out cheated on me, fully aware of my presence. You never called me, Dean, don't say I had too much pride."

Dean sighed and wrapped his arms around his boyfriends naked chest and his chin resting on Castiel's shoulder. "I know, I'm sorry."

"How can I know if you're sorry? What if you're lying to me again?"

"I already told you-"

Castiel stood up, the dim light hitting his back. "Yes Dean, during sex. I'm pretty sure your hormones were taking over."

"Then I'll tell you now. I'm done with Lisa, I was a long time ago. I love you, in here for you, and always will be. I'm sorry I screwed up then and now, and I'd do anything to change it."

Cass walked out of the room, only sweatpants loosely hugging his hips. He could hear Dean sigh and plop back down on the bed. Castiel isn't mad at Dean but himself for saying he was too prideful and a liar.

"Hey Cass..." Sam said through a yawn, his long hair a complete mess.

"Hello."

"Where's Dean?" Sam asked, pulling out a coffee mug.

"Upstairs."

"Doing what?"

"I don't know."

Sam nodded, "Alright then."

Castiel and Sam stayed silent, focusing on different things until Cass spoke up. "How can you tell if someone is lying?"

"Uh, I don't know. I guess it's more of a natural instinct. Some people smile when they lie, others fidget, some squint, everybody does something different, some you can't even tell."