Chapter 40: infiltration part 2

Jack p.o.v:

I couldn't let y/n know, I didn't think I'd be able to keep moving. The warmth felt like fire burning through my skin. It was unbearable. An audible chirp was heard from my pocket, I glanced down.

"I know toothy- I know but Ice is my only hope of getting through this" I have a soft side smile as I hid in a bush. I held my staff close and clutches the pendant in my hand. I couldn't let Y/N down. I jumped from the bushes and slashed my staff against the floor. The surge of wind knocked the guards down as I ran past them navigating through the dark halls. I panted softly as I turned a sharp corner, I could hear the soft taps of the guards' footsteps. I held my breath- I needed to get to the dungeon area. I turned the corner and an audible gasp escaped my lips as I stared at- Inferno. He grabbed my arm and slammed me into the wall covering my mouth with his burning hand. I gritted my teeth and reached for my staff but he stopped me.

"No no no! Wait! I'm on your side" he responded. I froze. (I wish I could freeze, I miss the cold).

"What?" I responded as he let me go holding his hands up
"I have the solution on how to kill the fire heart" I stared at him in disbelief. How in world do you turn an enemy into an ally?

"And why should I believe you?" I asked waving my staff in his face. He sighed and ran a hand through his fire red hair.

"I- I didn't want to let Y/N down- I mean she's - she like a little sis I couldn't - I don't - I- I don't want to be a monster.." he responded looking down. I sympathized with the guy- it resonated with me. I took a deep breath. I was almost a monster once. A monster that the boogeyman almost got a hold of.

I was gonna regret this
I nodded at him.
"Let's move fast" I said. He nodded and let me through some dark hallways. We made way through the halls before we finally made our way to a deep deep stair case.

"What's down there..?" I asked glancing over at Inferno.
"It's the crazy ladies lab. She kept the guardians there to try and get some of their magic out of them" he Informed. What the heck???
I grabbed my staff tighter as I jumped down the stairs letting the wind cushion and glide my fall.

I landed down onto the cold stone floor. It was pitch dark. Dark.

"Hello Jack," a familiar voice called out to me in the dead of the darkness. Inferno wasn't behind me- probably hiding.

"Heya pitch, what's crackalackin?" I hummed waving my staff letting the cold wind chill the air around us. He finally emerged from the shadows .
"Ah you know, the usual. Hoping for your inevitable end~" He smirked walking around me.
Children's shadows swarmed around me. Their little smiling eerie faces. They giggled at us.

"What the..."
"I believe your dear Y/N ran into these little babies before~. Like them?, they're the embodiment of their fear~ such pretty dead" he slurred softly as he petted on of their heads. I growled softly. How could they be so big? What torment were these children's in?.
He sighed heavily.
"This has been fun but you should join your friends into the abyss-." Before he could lunge at me infernos flames swiped in front of the children. Their fear hissed and screeched as they were in contact with the flames. Their screeches soon were replaced with hums before evaporating. He shrugged.
"Warm up their hearts"
"Cool" was all I could respond with before running into the abyss letting Infernos flames light up my way.

"N O"

Before he could do anything the castle shook.
Y/n was doing something
As she constantly did.

Pitch gritted his teeth before swiping into the shadows. Inferno and I picked up the pace to see a horrifying sight.
The guardians where in a cell chained to the corner.
"Icicles- are you guys okay!!" I rushed over to the bars freezing off the metal lock. Inferno stayed back- I imagined he felt guilty. I didn't have time to babysit the baby so I just continued what I was doing.

"Oh molars!! Jack hurry up!! I got to get my fairies out!!"
"Yes yes fairy very important, you know what more important? My yetis!"

"Oi!! Let's get outta here ya dimwits!!" Bunny broke them up. Sandy gave an apologetic smile as symbols went above his head. The lock came off easily- I went to freeze off the chains as well. Once they were all free i followed their gaze to the male across from them.

"H-...hey..." he mumbled shoving his hands into the pockets of his jacket. They stared for anything more

"Sorry" he replied softly. The others seemed to calm down with this and nodded. As tooth darted towards the cages filled with her little fairies.
"Oh my sweet little fairies! Oh! I'm so sorry!!" She let out a few sighs and gasped as she cried from relief. North stretched his arms and arched his back - twisting and turning to crack his back. He let out a roaring sigh

"Ahaha~ took you long enough Jack" he patted my back. I smirked softly at the male
"Ah- Yea Sorry got a bit caught up with y/n" I commented. Bunny snorted
"Oi, don't tell us ya got frisky while we were in bloody chains?" He teased.
Frisky..?
Frisky
F r i s k y

"Bunnymund-." I glared. He laughed shaking his head as he walked to a hanger. His boomerang was hung there and he happily took it kissing the wooden edge of it.
"Oh I missed ya girl" he hummed happily swinging it. North walked over taking his hat and his swords including his snow-globes.
Sandy walked over and I gave a small wave. "Hey bud"
He signed a bit 'where's y/n'

"Oh she's off to break the fire heart"

Inferno paused "that's not going to be easy. It's in Eclipsas throne room-."

He was cut off with the hearing of heavy footsteps. There were a lot of them.
"What the-" he started.
"Did she let out the moon fairies??" He asked. We all gave the same look to him

"of course she did!!"
North laughed "so little moon girl started a riot?" He smirked

"What she doin gettin all the fun?, let's get up there" bunny commented . I nodded. Inferno lit up his hand

"I'm in"

This was it
War