Chapter 17- Growing friendship

I followed her to the back. She opened a safe and pulled out a weird wrist shield armor as well as a piece of jewelry. She took my arms and slipped on the wrist shield before placing the jewelry piece on my forehead. If floated into place. I felt so much more in control.

"Moon spirits don't last long on earth- their powers derive from the moon-" she explained as she fixed my hair.

"Since your human as well- you are special. This armor will help you feel in control" she smiled warmly. I looked up at her before tearing up. I didn't get to talk to Tooth as often. But she was like the older sister I never had. She freaked.

"Oh no no no! Why are you crying!" She said. I hugged her tightly and sniffled.

"Tooth you're so good to me" I smiled. She stared a bit shocked before smiling softly. She brushed my hair softly.

"We don't ever get to talk, do we? Let's change that" she smiled happily. I nodded smiling happily. I took her hand as we both walked out. The guys where starting to argue. All of them looking like birds as they puffed up their chests. I and Tooth looked at each other well aware that we were the only sane people here. We decided I'd just train a bit with her for a while.

"Okay- let's see if you can do anything with light" she asked. I nodded and held out my hands. Sparks of light began to appear from the palms of my hands. I freaked and closed my eyes.

"Good good! You're doing amazing!!" She said
"Just calm down- think of - think of - "

What could I possibly think of to calm me down?!?!

"Jack!"

My eyes widened as she said his name. My heart seemed to beat faster as my face heated up. My hands seemed to glow brighter. When had I become so tamed by his presence. When did I accept him as a part of my life?

"Ah- So it worked~" Tooth smirked a bit. I blushed darkly- I mean it worked. But I didn't want it too.

"So- do tell me- how do you feel about Jack?" She teased.
"Agh- forger him! Teach me some more stuff!!" I whined. She laughed and nodded. She proceeded to tell me ways on how to use my light. Soon enough Tooth became tired.

"Man, You tuckered me out!" She giggled.
"Oh! Sorry tooth". I laughed. She smiled and gestures for me to take a seat with her. I happily obliged. We sat down in silence for a bit- but not awkwardly- just mutual respect.

"Do you like Jack?" She asked.
I choked
"H-Huh? What'd give you that sort of idea?!" I laughed awkwardly.
"Why are you denying it?" She asked suddenly turning serious. I sighed- she was a tough cookie. I hugged my knees.

"I just- don't know Tooth- he's so different from me" I said leaning onto my knees.

"Isn't that the exciting part?" She asked smiling softly.
"You seem like you've been in love" I smirked. She smiled
"In my past life, I fell in love. I think to it time to time. A pleasant reminder" she hummed softly.
"A reminder of what?" I asked as I observed her expression. Soft and gentle. Warm yet- as cool as the spring breeze.
"A reminder that memories- don't have to be painful" she turned to look at me. Those words stung me. She knew.

"How long did you know?" I asked looking away.
"Sandy-" She said blankly. I had been having nightmares in where Keith- did it again - their vivid and horrifying. She placed a hand over mine and smiled sweetly.

"If you let yourself go from the pain- you'll often find yourself in love with something better" she smiled softly. I smirked

"Since when were you so good at advice?" I asked. She laughed a bit
"Oh sweet tooth, I'm over 400 years old!" She giggled. I smiled. I enjoyed her presence. She was cheerful and giddy at times but could her serious and emotional. She had control over who she is. I envy her.

"Hey- why don't you tell me about your tooth palace" I said.
"Well- unlike the others. My palace is very organized and high maintenance- it's why I don't usually come out of that place. My fairies are separated into sectors- theres about 20 sectors for each letter of the alphabet"

I tried to do the math in my head but failed miserably. I'm glad I didn't have to take the math finals.

"All of the fairies, their the manifestation of the children's hopes and dreams- their memories. Their connected to the children more than I am. That's why I love them all to bits" she smiled fondly. I realized Baby tooth had wandered in. She looked like she had face palmed about a million times. I and Tooth laughed a bit

"Are the boys still trying to assert dominance?" I asked leaning back. Baby tooth chirped a bit before nodding her head. I laughed harder than before
"Is jack doing the  stupid thing he does when he tried to subtly go on the tip of his toes so he can somewhat be as tall as Bunny and North?! Oh oh! Or the weird face he does when he's trying to seem tough! Or the weird thing he does when he-"

"Just how many weird things do you know about Jack?" Tooth asked

"Just how many things do you find weird about me?!!" Jacks voice caught me and Tooth by surprise. We looked up and saw Jack. My eyes widened.

"How long have you been up there??" I asked nervously.
"Since you started laughing," He said as he landed. I sighed in relief. North and Bunny walked in. North cleared his throat
"Sorry ladies, we where-" North started
"Asserting dominance" I and Tooth spoke in unison.

"Hey hey- I had no part in that mate-" Bunny began.
"You were the one puffing out your chest!-" Jack stated.
"Don't act like you didn't" I said joining the conversation. Jack turned to me with a shocked face.

"When have I ever-" He said as he had a confused look. I poked my index finger onto his chest.

"Just now-" I laughed. He rolled his eyes
"I am not puffing out my chest-" He said.
"You are"
"I'm not"
"You are"
"I am not- Y/N"
"Yes you are Jack"

We stared at each other.

"Settle this?" He asked twirling his staff. I raised my hand letting the light flow throw me- the light illuminated my veins as I shot a light beam into the air.

"I thought you'd never ask Frostbite,"