Chapter 20- Good news! We know Pitch's plan! Bad news, I might die

"It's weird" Jack spoke as he held me- flying through the sky.
"What's weird?" I asked as I held onto him.
"Pitch used to use sand- not - whatever those are..." He spoke.
"Well, in good ol fashion fairy tails- the bad guys always come back with a different plan- ya know cuz the last one failed?" I said. He nodded
"Makes sense- just didn't think he was smart enough for that" He joked. I shook my head.How could he joke now?. We snuck into the building and found Yetis and the guardians fighting as the elves ran around screaming. I whistled as loud as I could- the elves stopped and ran over to me and hid behind me. The shadows turned to me.

"Y/N~~"

What the hell?!?
They had voices?!!!
The shadows morphed into children as they all ran over to me. Flames blasted at them- they all screeched in pain. I turned and saw Inferno.He nodded at me and I took my chance. I ran to the armory and put on my armor. I quickly ran out to see- everyone was captured.

Son of a bitch

"Hmmm~ what a predicament indeed," Pitch's voice boomed around us. The shadows gripped onto the guardians. Jacks eyes widened.
"Y/N TURN AROUND-"

I felt a yank on my hair causing me to gasped in pain.
"Oh hey babe~" I felt something cold against me neck. I looked down and saw a knife.

"Keith-" I spoke harshly. He clicked his tongue.
"Aw- don't be like that~" He said.
"You're always acting like this- don't you love me anymore~"

I placed my hand on him before l shot light at him. He got sent back flying.

"Jesus- that was easy" I cracked my knuckles.
"Now- Who wants mammas cookies-" I smirked as my eyes went white. I charged at the shadows
.
.

The guardians watched intently as Y/N seemed to go berserk- shadows disintegrating as her light hit them.

"She's scary" Inferno spoke as he shivered
"Nah, Shes beautiful " Jack laughed a bit as he watched.
"DO AN UNDERCUT!!" Tooth yelled. She looked really excited-
Soon enough she got to the guardians and freed them. Jack took his staff and rushed to her side.
.
.

Pitch chuckled as he appeared ahead of them.
"Notice something, Guardians...?" He asked as he flicked his wrist causing a nightmare to appear- but it was a wispy shadow.
"No sand..." North spoke as he looked confused.
"And the point goes to the jolly Russian man!!" He smiled clapping his hands.
"You see- sand wasn't really cutting it anymore- especially since the man in the moon changed your sand-" He spoke spitefully. Sandy puffed out his chest ready to attack
"But I don't need sand anymore- you see- shadows are much more fear inducing" he chuckled as he pet the shadow.

"What... do you mean- their just shadows..." I began.
"Yes well- their just children" He smirked as Keith began to walk up to him. Keith waved his hand as shadows erupted from his hand.
"Don't you see Y/N, every kid has a shadow- every kid has a doppelgänger shadow- they'll learn to fear themselves." He chuckled.

Sounded familiar.
"Y/N, it must seem familiar, you were our first test subject. Since you weren't a kid... we had to try a more - mature way" Pitch smirked. My heart stopped. I was a test subject. I was a test subject.

"You want children to feel the way I did...." I spoke softly. Jack stepped forward

"So I take it - that it's bad?" He asked looking at me. I gave him a 'duh ' type of glare. He turned pale

"Okay okay! Got it got it-" He spoke
"Children's fear- will be induced by their own shadows- they'll be whispered nonsense- until they become a total mess. They'll learn to fear the boogeyman and learn to not trust their precious Santa clause or Easter bunny and the little fairies that come in the night! And the snow that  nips at their nose-" Pitch explained as he moved forward

"It's your turn- to perish in darkness"

I shot light at him. I was pissed
So fucking pissed.
I screamed as I launched myself at Pitch and Keith but in a blink of an eye they were gone. I fell to my knees.

"Y/N!" Tooth called out as she zoomed towards me.
"Are you okay?" She asked as she cupped my face. I hadn't realized I was crying. I looked up at her before hugging her tightly.

"Tooth- the kids- they'll get so hurt if they go through what I go through- it took me a whole year to get over that fear and hatred towards myself- if they- oh god..." I sobbed into her.

"Do not fear!" North bellowed.
"We have ways to make children happy! Where is prophecy paper you found?" He asked.

"3-E file 6 on the right shelf-" I sniffles. He looked dumbfounded
"What" the boys started
"Found it!" Tooth exclaimed zooming over to North. North took it and cleared his throat.

"I was- just about to- go get it! Yes" He laughed awkwardly. I and Tooth glanced at each other smirking a bit. North placed the parchment paper into the moons light.

"Manny! Please help us" He said pleading. In one swift motion- the parchment lit up in beautiful ray of lights. The lights swarmed up before diving towards me. They shot into me. Once it all stopped. I knew
I knew how to help
But
"I'm gonna die...." I said as my eyes widened at the moon.