Chapter 6- Just cheescake with a winter spirit

When I had come home I was met with an empty house. And he was off to work once more. I sighed as I set the groceries down. I grabbed some cheesecake and turned to Jack.

"Want some?" I asked. He stared a bit before nodding as he smiled and nodded.

"Thought you'd never ask"

I laughed a bit as I placed a slice on a plate. I put a fork in the cake before handing it to him. I watched closely as he took a bite.

"Woah..." he said his eyes big. I smiled brightly
"Isn't it the most amazing thing you've ever eaten!!" I said excitedly. He took another bite.

"I mean... it's fine..." he said. Still trying to play it cool. I laughed and cut myself a slice before eating.

"Mm~~ god I love cheesecake," I said softly. I gave a small piece to baby tooth who ate it happily. Jack walked next to me and ate his slice before starting up some conversation.

" you said I never let you down... what'd you mean by that,"  He asked. I looked up at him before replying.

"Whenever it'd snow, Mamas eyes would light up. She believed In the guardians full heartedly- so whenever they wouldn't show up for me she'd say 'you love snow right? That's there gift this year! A lot of snow!!' ." I laughed a bit.

"She made me love snow as much as I love her- honestly winter is like my favourite season" I smiled. He chuckled a bit
"Thanks- where is your mom anyway..?" He asked. A pain in my chest caused me to tense.

"... 5 years ago she was diagnosed with cancer... by the time we found out we were too late. They said we had 2 years- I got a day... then she was gone..." I set down my plate. Baby tooth chirped sadly as she and Jack stared at me.

"I'm so sorry I didn't mean-" he began. I looked over him and smiled.

"She was smiling till the end- that's why I loved her. She cheered me up with her brightness and beauty- papa said he fell in love with her smile. God, she was so beautiful" I sighed as I leaned back. Jack smiled softly.

"Wish I'd met her.," he said softly with a smirk.
"I think she'd leave papa for you- so I think its best you never met" I laughed. He laughed with me and pretty soon the atmosphere changed into a much happier one.

"When did you become a guardian?" I asked as I set our plates in the sink.

"Just a year ago- I don't even know how someone wrote a book about us in that span," he said shaking his head. I laughed.

"That was my papa," I said. He looked at me as his lips curled into a smile.

"He wrote a book about us?!" He said excitedly. I tapped his nose.

"He wrote a book about you- Jack Frost," I said smiling. God, I couldn't describe his expressions so moved and touched and happy all at the same time. He staggered back a bit before jumping doing a backflip onto a chair.

"A book! About me!!" He said excitedly, I giggled and nodded.

"Mama wanted it- she loved Jack Frost- the story of a mischievous boy who'd go around spreading snow and fun. She said it reminded her of herself when she was young. Papa vouched for her and said she was very mischievous-" I smiled folding my arms. Jack smiled brightly.

"Your mom- damn I really wish I knew her.," he said as he ran a hand through his snow-white hair. I smiled a bit and walked to the living room taking a picture of the walls before showing him.

"Woah- your moms-"

"Beautiful- I know. All I thought when I was younger was that she was a princess. And she always told me that papa was the knight who saved her" I hummed.

"Saved her?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"Ah- my biological dad walked out on us when I was in mamas stomach- A mistake pregnancy if you will- Papa came into my life when I was one year old so I didn't have to live without a dad for long," I said as I put the picture back. Jack huffed a bit.

"I don't know how someone can walk away after making a kid with someone," he said folding his arms. I paused for a second.

"... men don't think about what they do... they just do it..."  I said sadly.

"I guess your right but-... Y/N?" He looked at the expression on my face.

"You alright there snowflake?" He said inching closer. I nodded before smiling at him

"I'm fine" my phone buzzed and I looked at it.

"Christmas is coming up!! Bout to get a visit from bae!!" Ami texted. I smirked as I replied.

"Are you talking about Santa or Jake?" I sent it. I got a call from Ami and I answered it.

"Hello-"
"Y/N YOU C**** SUCKING B***- You know better than to make that joke-"

I paused.

"Are you on your period?"
"Yes"

I facepalmed as I looked in a corner to see jack laughing his ass off.

"Ami- calm yourself " I sighed.
"Sorry sorry, can I come over?" She asked.
"Sure come over," I said shaking my head a bit.
"Yay! I'm outside" she replied. I hanged up. This girl- I walked over to the front door and swung it open. There was an Ami with three bags of chocolate. She ran inside and kicked off her shoes before making a straight line to my rooms. I shook my head before looking at Jack signalling that he had to leave. He nodded and flew out with baby tooth. He flashed me a smile before letting the wind blow him away. Such a unique person.