Chapter 11- I want to be a Guardian

When I woke up I felt pain. I sat up and groaned. I noticed Jack asleep next to me. How long had he been there. My hand reached over to brush his hair out of his face. Huh even his hair was cold. I stared at him before realizing that he was staring at me. I jolted back and glared.

"You know Frostbite it's rude to stare at a lady" I smirked. He laughed and sat up

"I missed that" he spoke
"Missed what"
"You"

I raised an eyebrow.
"What do you mean, I've been out for like an hour-" I said. He shook his head.

"More like a week snowflake" he said sadly. Wait how. Tooth barged in and zoomed to me scooping me in her soft arms.

"Oh- okay hugs then.." I said as I let myself relax into her touch.

"I was so worried- don't ever do that to me!!" She sniffled. Had she been crying. I smiled softly and cupped her face.

"Sorry sweet tooth" I smiled. North barged in

"Ah! You're awake! Come with us! You need food" He bellowed. Bunny walked in calmly along with Sandy. All of them lead me to the dining room and watched me sit down. I felt like a lab rat. A yeti walked in and set down some waffles for me. I stared up at the yeti in wonder. He stared back confused.

"Hi, what's your name?" I smiled giggling a bit. The yeti made a surprised noise before signing his name on a napkin.

"Nice to meet you Phil!" I smiled brightly. He stared at me and nodded before walking off.

"Well look at ya mate, lil charm speaker ain't ya?" Bunny smirked leaning on a seat.

"I've just never seen a yeti before" I said as I ate happily. My eyes lit up as I cupped my cheek.

"Mmm! God this is good!!" I shoved food in my mouth.

"Is it good or are you starving" Jack joked. I cut a piece and stood up leaning towards him. I held the fork to his face.

"Mm! It's so good!! Try it!!" My eyes looked at him excitedly. He was taken aback but chuckled and ate from the fork.

"See snowflake, I haven't had many waffles but this seems decent"

I rolled my eyes and sat down as I continued to eat.

"Suck an icicle, I think Phil's waffles are fucking amazing" I said as I shoved food into my mouth. North laughed and smacked my back.

"Very funny! Now! Tell us! You make decision yet!?" He asked. The guardians stared at me intently. I tensed a bit bit calmed when I felt a cool touch on my hand. It was Jack.

"Hey hey, no pressure. It's your life." He reassured. His expression was so calm. Was this really the mischievous Jack Frost I knew??. I closed my eyes.

"Yes- I want to be here..." I spoke softly. I opened my eyes and smiled.

"I've realized how much I love those kids- maybe I could learn to love all the children of this world. No- I want to love them all. I want to protect them from the pain of this world-" I held my hands up "their little hearts- so pure and loving. I want them to bloom" I smiled warmly and stood. I slammed my hands on the table.

"I want to become a guardian" I said with a serious tone. They all jumped back. Jack smiled brightly and jumped

"Alright!!!" He laughed excitedly

"Sheila, we don't get to pick who becomes a guardian- manny does-"

"Then lets go talk to him!" I smiled. I knew my way around here. I sprinted in a direction. When was the last time I'd been this excited. Jack flew beside me as I ran. I waved at some Yetis and Elves. Funny I think some of them fainted. I ran into the globe room and panted as I stood there. North and the rest barged in.

"You cant- do that!" Bunny yelled. Jack huffed
"Why not? She seems like the perfect candidate to be a guardian!"

"Frosty boy- we're all spirits! She's human!!" Bunny yelled. Jack walked up close to him.

"You know what I think? I think your scared that she'd be a better guardian than all of us?!" He defended.

"Hey mate remember, it's been only a year of you being a guardian. In a second you could be forgotten-" Bunny began but tooth cut them off.

"Guys..." she pointed at me.
.
.

Y/N walked up to the blue crystal as it emerged from the floor boards. She placed her hands and forehead up against the crystal. The moon shined onto her. The moonshine elegantly danced around her still frame. Her dark hair suddenly looking like it was laced with stars. A sudden boom of light caused everyone and everything to move back. When the guardians eyes refocused on Y/N. She was floating. Her eyes lit up in a bright white as markings appeared on her skin, glowing a soft blue. Stars embedded into her skin. She set herself down and closed her eyes going back to normal. She gasped looking at the markings..
.
.
.
What the heck??? I snapped out of it and looked at the markings.

"It is time"

Manny's voice echoed in my mind. I stepped back and looked at the ground as images appeared. The guardians stood behind me in a shocked state. What will I uncover...