Chapter 38 - I know my way (finally)

I was plunged into darkness with no sign of anyone or anything. And then.

I heard a creek
And the cool breeze of spring rushed through my being- I opened my eyes. I didn't even know I had themes closed. My eyes wandered my surroundings- I had never seen anything so mystical.
"I see you're awake" a familiar yet different voice spoke to me. I jumped and looked in front of me, a girl no younger than I stood there. She offered me a hand. I looked at her hesitantly and took it pulling myself up. Her hair was different- half white hand black. It made me think of Melanie Martinez.
"Melanie" I blurted out. She huffed our angrily
"Pardon my correction but it's Melany" she hummed as she spun around and hopped onto a stone. I raised an eyebrow, she seemed so carefree and gentle.

"I'm sorry but I'm looking for someone-"
"Yes yes I'm well aware of you're situation! And I'm here to say that I will be your guide for today"she spoke. I chuckled a bit
"You couldnt- I mean you're 15-." I spoke. She couldn't be serious- I needed someone who knew who I was and what could help me. She turned to me a sudden mature look in her eyes.

"Yet here I am, you summoned me and I shall for fill my duties" she hopped down from the stone and I noticed she was barefoot. She reminded me of a certain boy.

"Tell me, what comes after the snow?" She asked splashing into the creek.

"Water..?" I responded as I rested a hand on my hip.
"See that's what everyone always says- but where is the fantasy of that! There's not romance in water, no tragic ness, nothing but sorrow in the sad stillness" she responded. I sat on a near by stone

"You're losing me" I said. If I was stuck here I might as well try to understand her.

"That seems to be your problem" she held up a small flower in her hand.
"You see an object, not its possibilities." She spoke walking up to me, she picked up my hand and placed the flower in my palm and in a sudden spark. My hand erupted in light. The flower began to glow and grow. I stood in shock.
"How did I-."
"I wished for the flower to grow-." She said. I looked at her confused once more. Her childish grin showed.

"You yet do not understand the possibilities in this world, in this realm, in your heart Y/N! You do not understand!!" She grabbed my face forcing me to look into her sparkling grey eyes. I don't think I've ever seen such a beautiful grey- a grey that brought me a feeling of comfort rather than coldness.

"Do you not see! You have infinite possibilities- you see yourself as a mere daughter of a great man. A beautiful women. You do not see yourself as you ." She recited pulling away.

"I-I . What are you saying?" I responded. She felt like her. She talked like her.

Mom

I began to cry as she backed away from me. Unconditional tears poured down my face. She gave a fond smile.

"Y/N, you have many possibilities. You can pick. You always had a choice.  I believe in you" she stepped into a shadow and in a blink of an eye all that remained of her was small sparkles  floating away from the spot she had been. The stone underneath me began to shake and I got up quickly. The stone shifted away and underneath it stood three symbols. Each one representing something. I could translate if, I crouched down and let my hand lightly hover each one.

Dark
Light
Water

I recognized those words. They were categories of moon related powers. Dark, it was the category of blood moon magic. I shivered. definitely not that. Water, just as the moon controlled the tide of a roaring ocean that magic had the same effect. Though I knew water was an element not suited for me. So wishes. Light, it wasn't right for me either.

"There has to be another option!! I'm not a moon spirit!" I yelled out frustrated. I was running out of time. That's when my surroundings began to melt away. I began panting as panic settled in as I watched everything go pitch black. Then a familiar voice called to me.

Manny

"You're right about that, you never were like me. You're more like your mother" he chuckled as he walked towards me. He was round and soft and gentle. I ran to him and hugged him tightly, tears stung my eyes as I held onto him.  He patted my head brushing my hair as he kissed my head
"I've been longing to hold you my child" he smiled warmly. I looked up at him and smiled
"Dad" I smiled. He pulled me away as he ran the back of his hand against the side of my face. The sad expression on his face told me what I needed to know.
"You're leaving soon- you can't leave me!! I'll be alone" I cried out. He shook his head as he held my hands in his.
"Y/N, you know you'll never truly be alone. I'll be watching you and I'll hold a place in your heart. Besides you've got the guardians. Who could really use you're help I'd say-." He smiled as he pulled back and waved his hand gently, light sparked his hand before it got so bright it was almost blinding. When I opened my eyes I saw a pendant in his hands. He smiled down at me and placed the necklace onto me. I held the small pendent in my hand- I could feel power surge into me. I could see streaks of white and gold show into my hair.

"Y/N L/N, I hereby dub thee the wishing star. I give you the powers to turn a child's wish into a reality." He paused and lifted my face by my chin and smiled
"And don't worry about the pendant- it's not the source of your power. It's an amplifier, say like Jacks staff" he explained. When he finished speaking I could see he was fading. I quickly hugged him and kissed his cheek
"I'll see you some other time Dad" I smiled softly. He went quite and nodded before disappearing.

I opened my eyes gasping. Jack by my side
"Oh thank the moon! I thought I lost ya there!" He huffed. I looked at him. I opened my hand and saw the pendant in my hands. I put it on.
"What is tha-."
He didn't get to finish when suddenly I began to glow. The white and gold streaks now in my hair and I was in a white long dress. ( think of sailor moons serenity dress)

"It's time" I said getting up and looking at the moon.

Time to get my family back.