Chapter 24- Hes gone...

We all sat in the candle lit living room as Papa searched the book shelves.

"So Silvia fu- reproduced with the moon..?" He asked. My face flushed a bit and cleared my throat as the room became a tad bit awkward.
"Uhm yes..." I replied unsure how else to react. He shook his head a bit
"She always did look up at the moon with such sad eyes.." He noted. I thought about how mama felt back when she had me, all alone. I stood up and walked up to Papa and held his arm.

"Don't forget papa, she fell in love with you too," I smiled warmly. He looked down at me and ruffled my hair gently.
"There you go, making sure your old man is in good spirits" He chuckled as he grabbed a book taking it back to the group. He sat down next to Jack and I as he set the book down on the table.
"I became a writer and journalist so that I could do extensive research on the Kanji people- they're seen as mere myths. But we all know that's not true. This is the best I could do. I do have a few spell books and some information your mother gave me" He explained. I picked up the book and immediately felt like this would help.

"Thank you papa!" I smiled brightly facing him.
"Ah one more thing-" He began but just then the house began to rumble and shake. Sandy looked around confused as his eyes darted around. Inferno stood as did Jack. Mary and Ami huddled closer. I saw shadows claw their way into the house from every crack and hole of the house. We all looked around before sprinting out of the house. Papa grabbed my hand and firmly grasped it. When we rushed outside we where met with an unwanted face. Keith's stature caught me off guard. Papa's calm face turned to one of Rage.

"smith-." He growled
"Old man" Keith scoffed.
"He's not old" I and Jack both said. Man we really do think alike. Papa pushed me behind him. Yea he's the human one.
"What're you doing here..." Papa asked. Inferno lit his hands ablaze.
"In case you didn't know pops, he's pitch's minion" Inferno scoffed. Papas mouth fell agape as he stared in shock. Pitch's laughter rang around us.
"Man! Beat us to it I see!- what's this only three guardians and a flame boy?" He spoke. Shadows seemed to circle us.
We all held our position.

"I'll be nice. Hand over the book" Pitch growled.
"Kill me first" I challenged. Pitch huffed a bit
"Oh please, learn your place" He scoffed as he walked around us all.

"Do you see her! Jack buddy you know what I mean! She's human! She can't be forgotten- she can't know what it's like to not be believed in. To be invisible! She's just playing a silly game of pretend" He said angrily. Jack gripped his staff.

"I think she fits right in" He growled as he pointed his staff at a direction. Pitch appeared with a distasteful glare.
"Mm, thought you might say that. Well then. Have fun testing out my lovelies then- I've been working with an old friend~" he gave an evil grin before his shadows began to speed towards us at an ungodly speed. A fury of Ice, Snow and sand shot at the shadows as they shrieked. I covered my ears before looking at papa, Ami and Mary. I had to keep them safe. I took Ami and Mary's arm as I dragged them. Papa followed close behind as he ducked and dodged shadows and shards of ice. I on the other hand was working my ass of as I shot light in ever direction.
"Oh- I've been looking for you! Jefferey great fan of your work" Pitch chuckled. Shadows quickly emerged from the ground as they gripped onto Ami and Mary's  legs. They screams . I began to turn to them but pitch's voice caught me off guard.
"I think you're too much of a problem- you get in the way"

And with that a ear piercing screech could be heard.
My eyes widened as I whipped my head around just fast enough to see a shadow arrow go right through Papa's chest. The world seemed to stop as he let out a pained scream before falling onto the ground. Blood.... blood....

I ran to Ami and Mary quickly releasing them from their shadow cage. Pitch's laughter echoed.

"Hand over the book and ill promise I won't do the same to your other friends~" he grinned evilly. Ice shot at his face knocking him back. Jack let out a rage filled scream as he began to charge. Sandy followed him as I ran to papa .I took his cold body into my arms and tried to heal him like I did with Pippa.

"No no- papa please not you" my voice was weak as I began to cry and shake. He looked up at me with a frail smile. He used his strength to place a soft hand on my cheek.

"My daughter... not of my own flesh and blood but a daughter I can be proud of. Y/N- being your father has been the greatest blessing of my -." He groaned a bit in pain before continuing

"My life- and it pains me to have to leave you like this..."

I cried out in pain as I could feel his body loose strength
"Papa- no don't leave me!!" I sobbed louder.
"Shh shh- I'll never be gone- I'll be with you forever sweet heart. I'm so sorry- I won't be able to watch you grow up anymore- I won't be able to- w-walk you down the aisle " Hs coughed up blood as his hand softly gripped at my face.

"Y/N- be happy... I love you"

And as the warm slowly left his body
A new emotion over took me
Anger.