Comfort

When we arrived at our detination, Sherlock quickly got out and took my hand, leading me to Bart's.

"Aren't you cold?" He asked, as we walked in from the front door.

"Not anymore." I said, glancing around.

"If you were cold you could have just said." He said.

"Why do you even care...?" I sighed, negatively.

I didn't mean it, really.

I was just frustrated that he didn't remember me...

Why couldn't he just...ugh...nevermind.

"I don't." He said quickly.

"Good." I said, just as quick.

We got in an elevator and he removed his hand from mine, frustratedly.

"Of you're gonna be like that, then there's no point in trying to comfort you." He said.

"It w-wasn't even comforting!" I protested.

"Then why are you stuttering, and shivering right after I let go?" He asked.

I kept quiet.

He took my hand again.

"The least you can do is be grateful. Like I said before, I don't do this kind of thing often." He said sternly, before the elevator stopped to our floor and we walked out.

He went into a room, that contained frozen dead bodies, and a girl inspecting each one.

She had light brown hair with small strands of blonde and was quite a small female.

"Ah, Molly. There you are." Sherlock said, walking over to her.

Molly?
Molly...
Molly.
Molly Hooper?

"Molly Hooper?" I blurted out.

"That's me." She smiled, staring at me.

"Do you....remember me?" I asked quietly with a faint smile of excitement.

"Uh...no. Sorry." She said, causing the smile to quickly fade from my lips.

"Oh..." I nodded.

"Are you alright though? You seem saddened." She asked.

"I'm good." I lied with a fake smile.

"That's good to hear." She smiled,
giving Sherlock a thumbs up.

He merely looked at her in confusion.

She probably thought we were together.

"Molly, I'm going to need to see Xavier Ferns and Marin Cunz." Sherlock said.

"Lucky for you, their paperwork hasn't gone through yet. I'll pull them right out. Wait here." She said, before exiting the room.

I stared down at my feet, and even Sherlock's hand in mine wasn't comforting anymore.

He felt like a stranger...everyone did.

"Sherlock..." I said quietly.

"Yes?" He asked, turning to face me.

"Why can't you remember anything about...that girl?" I asked, sadly.

"Stop caring about her so much. Like I said, even if she played an important part on my life I must have deleted her from my hard-drive." He said quickly, gesturing to his head as he spoke.

I nodded, and continued to look down at my feet.

Molly returned and led us to another room where she had put the two bodies.

"Excellent, thank you Molly." He said.

"Anything else?" She asked.

"No." He said, and she was off.

Sherlock let go of my hand and opened the two bodies' zippers down only to the chest and noted down something on a notepad.

A smirk appeared on his lips from the information he might have found, as he took my hand and led me out.

"That's all you needed?" I asked.

"Precisely." He said, getting into a cab with me.

I stared out the window again.

"It's cold out... and all you have is a t-shirt." He said.

I kept quiet and continued to stare out the window.

He sighed and took his coat off, wrapping it around me, as I rested my head on his shoulder, hesitantly.

I hope it was okay.

He put and arm around me and stared out the window on his side.

When we arrived to 221B, he took my hand and led me to his bedroom.

"Sleep. I'll be in the kitchen." He said.

I nodded and took his coat off, before I lied down, and fell asleep.

The bed...carried his scent.

I think that's what helped me drift off so quickly.

Either that...

Or the faint kiss he placed on my forehead the second before I drifted off to my comforting slumber.

SORRY I TOOK LONGER THAN USUAL :( anyway thanks for reading, commenting and voting!! Will update soon! :)