Soothe

We had called the Scotland Yard after...Moriarty died.

They asked Sherlock and I to leave while they cleaned mess up, after hearing our statement on how it was self-defense. Sherlock claimed himself as a witness.

It was all a lie, of course. What happened in there was no accident, and I couldn't help but to feel guilty. Especially after when it happened after his confessions.

"Y/N." Sherlock snaps me out of my thoughts, and I quickly look at him.

"Sherlock." I jump a little, but he quickly takes my hand and squeezes it, looking into my eyes.

"It's okay, Y/N." He rubs his thumbs against my knuckles as I stare into his beautiful irises.

I quickly avert my attention from him and look around, noticing that we were on the Underground. It was pretty much empty, probably because it was late, but still:

"Where are we headed to?" 

"John's place. " He answers, and I cringe a little.

"Don't they...dislike me?" I ask.

"Probably, but don't worry. William is there too." He replies, and I nod slowly.

He removes his hand from my own, and wraps his arm around me, pulling me into his chest. I willingly snuggle up to him, shutting my eyes and exhaling an exhausted breath. It's been a long day.

Sherlock rubs my back soothingly, and kisses my forehead:

"You look like your teenage self when you sleep, Y/N..." 

I find myself quickly drifting off to sleep before I can reply.

-----------

"Mum...mummy..." I am shaken out of my sleep by William. My beautiful baby boy.

I seem to have been asleep on a bed. Not my own. Probably Mary and John's. Sherlock must have carried me to their house when I had fallen asleep on the Underground. He can be a darling sometimes, believe it or not.

"Oh, William..." I sit up and sigh, lifting his little body onto the bed with me.

He giggles when I smile at him tiredly. I'm glad he still remembers me.

I hold him close. He's so small, so precious. Like a mini Sherlock. It's kinda funny, but so very cute.

He wraps his tiny little arms around my neck and pulls me in, making me laugh. I haven't laughed in a long time.

It takes me a few minutes to notice Sherlock standing by the door. He's watching us, arms crossed and a small smirk playing his lips. His smile is loving, and my lips curl upwards slightly when he walks in and sits on the bed with William and I.

"Taking care of mummy?" He asks William, who replies with a giggle sitting in between us playing with the duvet of the bed.

Sherlock meets my gaze and gently places his hand on my cheek, stroking it with his thumb as I shut my eyes and rest into his touch.

He leans in slowly, placing his lips onto my own softly. The kiss is passionate and his hand that was on my cheek slides up and down my neck as our lips touch softly.

However, it does not last very long due to the fact that our William was present in the room. I love how Sherlock respected that matter, even with the lust and want in his eyes, he endured it. I'll give him a reward later.

"I love you..." He whispers as he pulls away from my lips slowly, resting his forehead on my own as we gaze into each other's eyes again.

His words have so much of an impact on me this time. I don't know why, but knowing what I had put him through just shattered my heart. He didn't deserve any of the shit I gave him. He didn't deserve me.

I bury my face in his shoulder, in attempt to hide my tears from William, because what mother would want her little child seeing her cry?

"William go play with Anna. Go." Sherlock tells William, who nods and runs off happily to the other room where Anna's voice can be heard.

Sherlock pulls me in closer, and rubs my back as I sob quietly into his shoulder:

"I-I'm sorry, Sherlock...that I ever left." I sniff trying to collect myself, but failing miserably. 

"Shh...love, it's okay." He runs his fingers through my hair, as he whispers sweet, soothing words to me.

"No, it's not...I put you through so much..." I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him in closer.

He's quiet for a few moments in our embrace before speaking again:

"You've been through so much more than I have, Y/N..." He pulls away and looks at my face that's flooded with tears, cupping it in his hands and wiping the tears with his thumbs.

I shut my eyes and exhale a shaky breath. I had only now noticed I was shuddering. 

Why am I freaking out so suddenly?

"You're having a panic attack, Y/N." Sherlock answers me, as if reading my mind.

My eyes widen a little, and I don't know what to do.

He gets the duvet of the bed and puts it over my shoulders, wrapping it tightly around me:

"Don't worry about anything...because everything is okay now, alright?" He tells me, to which I reply with a slow nod.

He places a soft, warm kiss on my forehead, before getting off of the bed:

"Stay here, I'll get you some tea."

I smile at him as he leaves.

Maybe...just maybe...

everything was finally back to normal.

Hey guys! Just a quick reminder that the story isn't over yet, even though this is a good spot to end it, I have a little more planned! *evil laugh*

Also, if you LOVE Moriarty, or just want to experience something with him, better go get your shock blankets and drink, cause I have a Moriarty x Reader out, so check it out and give it some votes if you'd like! 

-SeraSki :)