Burning Desire

After a few moments, a doctor tells us we can see Molly, and I rush to her room, Sherlock close behind me as I barge into her room and dash next to her.

"Molly!" I take her hand and look at her as she smiles at Sherlock and I.

"Are you alright?" Sherlock asks.

"Y/N, Sherlock...I'm fine, please don't worry. I think Moriarty just gave me a little too much of that anesthetic..." She explains.

"Oh." Sherlock and I both sigh to our relief.

"I'm sorry, it's all my fault...I hope he didn't do anything to either of you?" Molly asks.

My heart aches at the memory of him touching me, violating me, and I glance at Sherlock who shakes his head and flashes a smile:

"We're fine."

"Are you sure?" Molly looks at me.

"Yea, I guess he just wanted to mess around...Nothing too serious, so no worries." I lie, smiling to ease her.

We stay with her for about an hour, as she begins to drift off to sleep.

"She should be able to be discharged by tomorrow morning." Sherlock sighs, to which I nod slowly.

He stares at me as I look down at the ground. We are silent for a very long time, but it gets interrupted by one of Molly's friends who had walked in with flowers.

"Hey. You guys her friends?" He asks.

"Yes." Sherlock nods, as I stare at the man blankly.

"How is she?" He sets the flowers down on the table next to her.

"Discharged tomorrow." Sherlock replies.

"Oh...you guys look tired. I can watch her for the night, go on and get some rest." He says.

"Sorry, who are you again?" Sherlock squints.

"I'm her brother. Danny Hooper." He smiles.

He's got the same hair color as Molly, and wears a very sharp jawline, as well as bright green eyes that shimmer in the dim hospital lights.

----------

Sherlock and I get a cab back to our flat in silence, tension, and confusion.

That is, before he starts speaking to me:

"Y/N, I need to ask you something."

"Yes?" I tilt my head.

"When you lived with Moriarty...what was it like?" He asks.

My face accidentally goes pale at the mention of my life with the consulting criminal.

I have no words, and no idea why Sherlock would want to know something like this, but most of all I didn't know the answer.

He stares at me, awaiting an answer as I look into his eyes dumbfounded.

So, I say what I've been wanting to say this entire time instead of answering his confusing question:

"I need to kill him, Sherlock."

His eyes widen a little, as he stares at me.

"He has to die, and the one who kills him will do it brutally. The one who kills him will be me." I tell him.

He shakes his head in reply:

"No, Y/N we've discussed this before."

"But I'll never be satisfied unless I do it! Sherlock I need to get my revenue on him. For everything he has done to me...he ruined my life, and he needs to pay." I tell him.

"How exactly are you going to get your revenge, Y/N?" Sherlock asks irritably.

I pause before giving my clear answer:

"I'm going to burn him. And you're going to help me."

"This doesn't sound like you, Y/N...burning people?" Sherlock says softly, taking my hand.

"James Moriarty is not a person, and his burning will be my celebration."

"If this is what will ease you, then I will participate wholeheartedly." Sherlock replies, rubbing his thumb against my knuckles.

"Thank you. My burning desire to burn him is killing me though, let's set a date." I smile at an uneasy Sherlock in front of me.