Slumber Party

This chapter was inspired by a tumblr post.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
After Molly and I get the underground to her flat, she opens the door and turns on the lights as we walk in.

It's pretty cozy.

"Nice place." I compliment, as she sets her bag down on the sofa.

"It's not much. I'll get you some pajamas." She smiles.

"That won't be necessary." I tell her.

"Aw, come on Y/N, it's a slumber party! You need cute pajamas, not a shirt and jeans!" She giggles, walking into her room.

"I've never been to a slumber party..." I mumble, as she walks out with kitten-pattered pajamas.

"Put these on. We're gonna have so much fun!" She squeals.

After I change my clothes, I find myself fascinated with the patterns on my pants.

"Y/N!" She calls, obstructing my thoughts.

"Hmm?" I look up to see her small hands gesturing me over.

She's sitting on the floor of her bedroom, nail polish surrounds her small figure.

I sit next to her, bringing my knees to my chest, as I spectate her paint her toenails a light peach color.

"Let me do yours." She smiles.

"What? Why?" I tilt my head in inquiry.

"Y/N, have you ever been to a slumber party?" She giggles.

I shake my head.

"It's fun. Girls stuff. Makes me feel young again." She smiles, taking my hand and starting to paint a dark blue color on my nails.

"You're not old, Molly." I say, letting her paint my nails.

"Well, I'm getting there." She sighs.

I keep quiet and watch as the tiny nail polish brush strokes my nail, leaving color with each stroke.

"So how are you and Sherlock?" She asks, breaking the silence.

"We're okay. He loves me, but..." I stop, finding it difficult to continue.

"But what?" She asks.

"I don't want to burden you with my problems, it's really nothing." I shake my head.

"Come on, Y/N. You can trust me. Sharing secrets in a slumber party is important." She tells me.

"You really know a lot about slumber parties." I chuckle.

"Meh." She shrugs.

"Well...Sherlock loves me, but I don't want to hurt him anymore." I tell her.

"What do you mean?" She tilts her head in inquiry.

"I'm scared if I snap one day, you know? I was in love with James Moriarty. He trained me to kill, we loved brutally. I'm a killer, Molly." I explain.

"No, Y/N...you're not. If you fix your mind into it, and be who you want to be, nothing will go wrong. I promise." She smiles reassuringly.

"Thank you." I smile.

"No problem. Now, look at your nails!" She points excitedly.

They're layered with a shimmering dark blue. I like it.