XXII

Jungkook lay on his bed, crying his eyes out that night. He wouldn't have to be if he would've just listened to Taehyung. But thanks to his parents, Jungkook was too naïve to have the slightest common sense about relationship problems.

He kept getting calls from Yoongi, Jimin and Taehyung, but he answered none. Jungkook never felt so worse in his life. He now thought that maybe because nobody was there to stop him, he could finally end it all.

He slowly crept out of bed and to his bathroom. He opened a draw and found spare razor blades to his razor, his eyes glistening over as he took one, playing it against his wrists.

He stood there, tears rushing out his eyes as he wanted to dig the razor into his arm. He simply did one small stroke, creating a medium sized cut, blood beginning to seep out.

The bearable pain felt wonderful. Like breath of fresh air from the worse pain he was feeling right now about Taehyung. He made another cut, and another, until the lower half of his arm had about six cuts.

He ran it under the sink the clear away the blood before applying pressure with a towel to stop the bleeding. His phone buzzed. He picked it up and sighed when he saw he'd revived a voicemail from Taehyung.

"Baby, I know you're mad. I know you didn't mean to break up with me. Yejin is a liar. I'd never do that to you. She forced herself on me. She blackmailed Jimin into writing that in your gym locker or self she'd show the picture to you. She would've showed them either way. She just wants to ruin your life for no reason. Jimin loves you. Your his best friend and he feels sickened at the thought he'd do that to you. I love you. You're my baby and I don't want anything else than to just be with you. Please, please believe me."

The voicemail ended there. Jungkook's heart was racing as he sniffled a little. He unblocked Taehyung's number and turned his phone off before laying down to go to sleep.

Taehyung's eyes widened when he got a notification indicating Jungkook had unblocked his number. He was at least getting to him.

///////////////////

The next day at school, Jungkook avoided Taehyung for a a majority of the morning until lunchtime rolled around. Jungkook was grabbing his lunch bag out of his locker when Taehyung approached him.

Jungkook quickly walked away, Taehyung calling after him. Yejin was ecstatic to see they were broken up. Well, but not for long...

"Jungkook!" Taehyung grabbed his wrist. Jungkook hissed in pain from the cuts in his wrist. Taehyung let go, confused. Jungkook held his wrist in his other hand, awkwardly looking away from Taehyung.

"Jungkook, are you okay?" Taehyung asked. "I'm fine, just, please don't talk to me." Jungkook attempted to rub off but Taehyung read ahead of him and stood in his way.

Before Jungkook could turn around, Taehyung grabbed his waist, the smaller gasping quietly as he began to blush. "Kookie, what's the matter? What's wrong with your arm?" Taehyung asked.

Jungkook swallowed hard when he felt Taehyung grab his arm and roll his sweater sleeve up. Taehyung saw the cuts, his stomach turning. "Kook-" "Don't..." Jungkook shook his head as tears rolled down his puffy cheeks.

He felt so guilty for hurting himself over something so dumb. Even more guilty for worrying Taehyung. "Baby, I'm scared for your life. I don't....." Taehyung closed his eyes to prevent his own tears from falling.

"...I don't want to lose you. You're all I have." Taehyung said worriedly. Jungkook finally broke. There was no way he could just give up Taehyung that easily.

The boy burst into tears, startling Taehyung. "Oh, baby, come here." Taehyung pulled him in his warm, right embrace. Jungkook grasped tightly into Taehyung, not wanting to let go as they hugged in the empty hallway.

"My baby..." Taehyung whispered gently, kissing Jungkook's forehead comfortingly. "I'm s-sorry." Jungkook sobbed. "No, no. There's nothing for you to be sorry for. None of this was your fault." Taehyung held him tightly, rocking him back and forth slowly.

"Just please don't harm yourself anymore." Taehyung places his hand underneath Jungkook's chin and lifted the boy's head up to look at him. Jungkook peered into Taehyung's soft eyes and nodded.

"I love you, more than you can think." Taehyung promised. He kissed Jungkook's lips briefly, taking the younger by surprise. Jungkook kissed back after a second before pulling away.

"Can we be back together again?" Taehyung asked. Jungkook nodded before wrapping his arms around Taehyung and hugging him again.

Yejin nearly burst a blood vessel when she saw this take place from around the corner. She was fuming. She thought she finally had them broken apart for good, but no.

Taehyung held Jungkook's hand as they walked into the cafeteria, everyone giving them looks of awe and confusion that they were back together after what happened at the party last night.

Jimin and Yoongi were sitting at another table than their usual, Jimin crying softly as Yoongi tried his best to comfort him. Jungkook didn't know how easily he could forgive Jimin for writing that in his locker, even though he was forced.

He though that because either way the picture was shown to Taehyung. It would've have made a difference. Taehyung sat down at a table, Jungkook about to sit in his own seat until he felt Taehyung's arms wrap around his torso.

He pulled Jungkook onto his lap, the boy blushing. "Tae everyone's staring." Jungkook whined as he tried to get up. "I don't care. They can stare all they want. They'll just get to see how much I love you. Ignore them." Taehyung said quietly. Jungkook hummed and ate a bit of his lunch as Taehyung just fixated his glance on Jungkook, smiling at how pretty he was.

Eventually, everyone quit looking at them and minded their business as they should. "Cutie." Taehyung whispered, chuckling as he saw Jungkook's ears redden.

He kissed the side of his neck gently before letting Jungkook get up. He grabbed his lunch bag and Taehyung held his hand as they exited the lunchroom to go to Jungkook's locker.

Jungkook walked passed Jimin's locker as felt a tug at his heart. Yoongi was hugging him as Jimin cried in his shoulder. Jimin was sure he'd lost his best friend, which was why he was so devastated.

Jungkook reluctantly kept walking. Once Jungkook reached his locker, he opened it but felt a wave of cold, thick liquid soak him. He couldn't clearly open his eyes because whatever the substance was burned them.

He wiped it away and opened them. He heard the laughter of students around him, especially Yejin's laugh. He was covered in green paint. Taehyung was so furious that she continued to bully Jungkook, he decided to do something about it.

What he did had him in an excessive amount of trouble.