II

"Hey!" Jungkook heard Taehyung yell behind him and footsteps getting closer and closer. Jungkook felt his hand grab his backpack and pulled him back, causing Jungkook to lose his balance and fall to the ground.

He quickly bunched himself into a little ball, visibly shaking. "P-Please don't hurt me!" Jungkook said quickly. Though he had a major crush on Taehyung, he was terrified of him as well. Taehyung expression softened at the smaller boy who he could see was genuinely scared. He didn't know why, as he practically just terrorized Yejin moments ago.

"Stand up." Taehyung growled and Jungkook did as told, his body shaking slightly. Taehyung grabbed the boy by his collar and got close to his face. "Tell anyone what you saw, Ill beat you beyond your wildest nightmare." Taehyung spat, Jungkook nodding as Taehyung let go of him, Jungkook running off.

As soon as Jungkook got home, he practically collapsed on his bedroom floor, breathing heavily from running so much. He couldn't believe that just happened. He was that close to Taehyung's face, he could feel his breath against his lips. If Jungkook was really brave and bold enough, he would've kissed him right there but of course he didn't.

Taehyung at his desk, drowning out the the yelling of his parents downstairs. They were fighting over him, as usual. He couldn't get the scared little boy's face out of his head. Taehyung didn't want to think he was that intimidating, but he really was. He looked so cute and innocent. Taehyung couldn't focus on his homework now because of him.

___________

The next day, Jungkook met up with Jimin outside the school in the courtyard, Jimin a bit jittery. "So, What happened at the bubble tea place yesterday?" Jungkook nudged his shoulder. "Um, it's nothing. W-We just talked, y'know?" Jimin said. "Why are you shaking?" Jungkook asked.

"Because Yoongi asked is he wanted me to go with him again this weekend." Jimin blurted out. "Jimin, that's great." Jungkook smiled. "No it isn't! I can barely talk normal when I'm alone with him! I was stuttering so much it was so embarrassing." Jimin covered his face as they walked inside. "You should ask him to the Homecoming." Jungkook suggested.

"No, we agreed to go as a group. Remember?" Jimin said. "The winter formal then?" Jungkook asked. "Maybe." Jimin said. Jungkook walked into biology, sitting at his usual seat in the back, Taehyung sitting in front of him.

Jungkook's throat felt like it was closing when Taehyung suddenly turned around. "You didn't tell anyone, did you?" Taehyung glared at him. "N-No." Jungkook shook his head. "Good. If you're lying, I'll hurt you." Taehyung said, feeling almost bad when he thought he saw tears forming in the boy's eyes.

Jungkook honestly did feel like crying. His crush hated him all because he saw him rob and hurt an innocent girl in their grade. Jungkook wanted to tell, but he knew the consequences. Poor Yejin didn't deserve that though.

"Okay class, we'll be doing a project about cells. Pick one partner and choose if you'll do it on a plant cell or an animal cell. I'll hand out rubrics once everyone has a partner." The teacher said.

'Great' Jungkook thought. Jungkook had no friends in that class. He had friends in none of his classes except art with Jimin and Yoongi. He saw as everyone got with their friends except Taehyung because his friend went to be partners with his boyfriend.

Taehyung raised his hand. "Yes Taehyung?" She asked. "I don't have a partner." Taehyung said lowly. "You can work with Jungkook." She said, Jungkook looking into his lap once he noticed everyone was staring at him. "I don't want to work with him. He's a nerd." Taehyung scoffed, the class letting out small laughs. Jungkook hated himself so much for letting a few tears leave his eyes.

He quickly wiped them. "Unless you want a zero, you will work with Jungkook." She said and Taehyung groaned, going back to his seat and turning to face Jungkook. "You're such a wimp." Taehyung said, Jungkook swallowing the lump in his throat.

The teacher passed out the rubric and everyone began doing research. "I'm not doing any work, you can do all of it." Taehyung said. "Y-You won't get credit." Jungkook said. "Say I did half or I'll beat you." Taehyung said. "O-Okay." Jungkook said.

Class ended soon and Jungkook was happy he could finally leave.

Lunch rolled around and everyone began crowding around the cheerleader's table to see what had happened to Yejin. "Biking accident." She claimed, knowing damn well that's not what happened. Jungkook knew it too.

"I heard Taehyung is gonna fight this guy from the other high school." Yoongi said as he sat down. "Who?" Jimin asked. "Some guy named Hoseok. Apparently they've had beef for a while because they both want that same college girl. I think. It's kinda another rumor but I believe it." Yoongi said.

"She must be really pretty." Jungkook pouted. "Awww, Kookie you're pretty." Jimin ruffled his hair. "Thanks." Jungkook smiled lightly. "He's my partner for our biology project." Jungkook said. "Woah, really?" Yoongi asked. "Yeah, but he said if I don't do all the work, he'll beat me." Jungkook said.

"God, why can't he be nice for once." Jimin rolled his eyes. "I dunno, I'm sure there's a nicer side to him." Jungkook kept his hopes high.

Taehyung zones out a bit as his friends talked beside him. He looked around the lunchroom, people avoiding eye contact with him even though he knew they were just starting at him. He then spotted Jungkook, and his heart felt warmer.

'Screw the college girl' Taehyung thought. He found Jungkook cute, though he terrorized the boy to hide it. If anyone found out he liked the nerd, he'd lose his friends, his popularity, and the power of being intimidating to others. He could never give that up.

Or, maybe he could just make Jungkook change. So he wasn't a nerd. That wasn't going to be easy though.