XII

They went to Taehyung's house that night because his parents were on vacation for two weeks so he got the house to himself. Jungkook had only been in Taehyung's house once and that was to work on a project.

They went into Taehyung's room and sat on his bed after changing into pajamas. Jungkook was a blushing mess because of the sweet things Taehyung had said to him. He couldn't believe he actually meant it too. "When did you start liking me?" Jungkook asked. "I guess, after the second day of school, when I tripped you in math. I always thought you were just so...cute." Taehyung blushed himself, holding Jungkook's hand.

"Oh." Jungkook let out shyly. "Yeah." Taehyung said. "What made me realize I really had feelings for you was when we went out the night to the gas station and the hill at the park. I had no intentions to kiss you then, but I couldn't help it." Taehyung confessed.

Jungkook smiled to himself. "That's sweet." Jungkook muttered. He looked up and met eyes with Taehyung, who pressed their lips together in a needy kiss, and Jungkook was into it surprisingly.

Taehyung gripped Jungkook's waist and laid him down, climbing on top of him as the kiss progressed to a make-out. He slipped his hands up the sides of Jungkook's giant hoodie, gripping them tightly. Jungkook had his arms wrapped tightly around Taehyung's neck.

Jungkook was hit with a wave of emotion. It was so sudden and he didn't know how it was triggered. He began thinking about how much girls were gonna hate him for stealing Taehyung. What would happen if he got caught at his house kissing him? His parents didn't even know he was gay! He thought about what if Taehyung was lying to him or if they'd break up one day.

Jungkook broke the kiss. "Stop!" He breathed out, pushing Taehyung away. "I'm sorry, what's the matter?" Taehyung asked as Jungkook sat up, Taehyung still holding his waist.

"I dunno." Jungkook's voice cracked as tears began streaming down his face. "Hey hey don't cry. What's wrong?" Taehyung sat against the headboard and placed Jungkook on his lap. He allowed the boy to cry into his shoulder for a while before he calmed down.

"I'm scared." Jungkook breathed out, Taehyung stroking his cheeks softly. "Why?" He uttered. "I'm scared things are just gonna go so wrong. I don't know, it's hard to put in words." Jungkook hiccuped. Taehyung held Jungkook's hand with his free hand, noticing the scars on the smaller's wrist.

"If anything were to go wrong, tell me you wouldn't resort to this?" Taehyung asked hopelessly, stroking his wrist with his thumb. "I can't make any promises." Jungkook breathed out. Taehyung's heart dropped. He knew Jungkook suffered from depression but he didn't want things to escalate that far.

"Please don't hurt yourself. Please Jungkook, don't do that." Taehyung looked into his glimmering eyes. "I love you, a lot." Taehyung whispered in his ear, Jungkook sinking deeper into his arms. "I love you too." Jungkook clung tightly to him.

"Do your parents know you're, um, you don't like girls?" Taehyung asked. "No. They're really homophobic and I'm scared they'll find out about us." Jungkook said. "Gosh..." Taehyung ran his fingers through his hair. "Oh my god, they don't even know I'm here. I'm not even allowed to sleep over at people's houses." Jungkook panicked.

"Hey, it's okay. You're 18, they can't ground you." Taehyung said. "I already a though." Jungkook retorted. "So don't listen to them." Taehyung fired back. Jungkook sighed heavily. "You know, I never thought in a million years we'd be together." Jungkook softened his tone, changing the subject.

"Me neither, to be honest. I mean, I used to hate you." Taehyung laughed bitterly. "Tae?" Jungkook looked up at him. "Yeah?" Taehyung looked down into his large, cute Bambi eyes. "You had a bruise on you're eye about a week and a half ago. How did you get it?" Jungkook asked.

Taehyung swallowed hard, his expression changing to something Jungkook couldn't really read. Fear, pain, sadness. "This is something you really can't tell anyone Jungkook." Taehyung finally spoke. "Of course not." Jungkook held his hand firmly. "You know how I told you my dad was abusive?" Taehyung reminded.

"Yeah, he did this." Taehyung muttered. "He beats you that badly?!" Jungkook breathed out. "Tae, why haven't you contacted the police?" Jungkook asked. "He threatened me." Taehyung began. "If I told the police, he'd beat me to death. As he said 'I should've been the one who died, not my brother.'" Taehyung spoke quietly.

"That's so twisted. He's crazy." Jungkook said. "My mom filed for a divorce last week. He was angry but he didn't seem much to care about her, blaming it on me instead. I'm moving with her so I can at least be further away from him. That won't stop him from hurting me though." Taehyung looked up, almost if trying not to cry.

"What if I told the police for you?" Jungkook asked. "Kook, don't be dumb. You don't need to be in this. I don't want you getting hurt because of me." Taehyung said. "But it's out of love, Tae. I'd be doing it for a reason." Jungkook tried but Taehyung shook his head. "Stay in your lane, bunny." Taehyung stopped the conversation about his father there.

Jungkook's phone began ringing and Taehyung saw the look of horror flash across his boyfriend's face. "I can't answer!" Jungkook began freaking out. "Hey, calm down. Just say you're at Jimin's house." Taehyung said and Jungkook answered.

"Where are you? You have your father and I worried sick!" His mother yelled. "I'm at Jimin's place. He invited me over for a sleepover." Jungkook lied convincingly. "Don't lie to me boy! I was just at Jimin's house!" She yelled. Taehyung's eyes widened.

""Where are you?" She continued to asked. "Another friend's house." Jungkook said, irritated. "Who? If it's that Taehyung kid, I'm taking your phone as soon as you get home." She said. "Mom you can't do that!" Jungkook yelled. "Don't yell at me!" She yelled. Jungkook hung up and shut off his phone.

"She knows I'm with you." Jungkook sighed. "Bruh, your parents hate me." Taehyung sighed. "Can we go steal something, I'm bored." Jungkook said. "No, it's late. Let's just go to sleep." Taehyung suggested. "Fine. I'm so sick of life." Jungkook laid beside Taehyung, who got worried again.

"Jungkook, don't say stuff like that." Taehyung held him close by his waist. "Why?" Jungkook asked. "It scares me, babe, I'm worried for you." Taehyung kissed his forehead. Jungkook blushed and snuggled his arms between them. "Don't. I'll be okay." Jungkook said, but remember, he couldn't make any promises on that.