XXI

Yejin was pacing frantically around her bedroom. "Chaeyoung you aren't helping!" She yelled at her friend. "God, what did Jungkook ever do to you anyway?" She asked.

"He stole my boyfriend and called me a bitch!" Yejin fumed. "Technically he was never your boyfriend. You just really like him." Chaeyoung corrected. "Oh,shut it!" Yejin snapped.

"How can I ruin Jungkook's life for good?" She asked. "I dunno. This is gonna sound fucked up, but it'll work." Chaeyoung began.

//////////////////

"Happy birthday!" Jungkook smiled for once as he met Taehyung at school, hugging him tightly. "Thanks Jungkook." Taehyung smiled and pecked his lips.

"You're gonna come to my party later on, right?" Taehyung asked and Jungkook nodded. "Cool." He grinned. "You're and adult now." Jungkook mumbled. "Yup, doesn't feel any different though." Taehyung said.

"You're still a baby though." Taehyung teased. "I'm only a year younger!" Jungkook pouted cutely.

Yejin walked up to them, looking Jungkook up and down with disgust before smiling innocently at Taehyung. "Can I help you?" He asked. "I just want to say happy birthday, god, don't be so rude." She scoffed.

"I hope you have fun and enjoy your time with...Jungkook." She grimaced. She then put on a fake smile and skipped away to class with her friends.

"She's so weird." Taehyung rolled his eyes. He reached over and held Jungkook's soft hand and led the way to class through the morning bustle of the school hallway.

//////////////

Later that night, Jungkook arrived Taehyung's house, nervous of course. He could hear the muffled music from the porch, deciding maybe he should've come.

Before he could turn around and walk away, Taehyung texted him.

Taehyungie💕: Hey, are you coming baby?
Jungkookie🐰: Yeah, I'm outside.

Jungkook waited a few seconds before the door opened and Taehyung walked outside. Jungkook blushes at his boyfriend's hit outfit, white t-shirt, grey sweatpants which emphasized his you-know-what and a pair of white trainers on his feet.

His hair was a icy, silvery color, a bit tousled but it made him look even more attractive. All Jungkook wore was a sweater too large for him, a pair of skinny jeans and white trainers as well.

"Hey." He said quietly and smiled. Jungkook forced a small smile, Taehyung wrapping his arms around Jungkook's waist. "Why are you just standing out here? It's cold." Taehyung said.

"I know, I was just...I don't know. I don't feel that great." Jungkook said. "Come inside, there's not too many people. There's no alcohol either. It's real chill." Taehyung said.

Taehyung kept an arm around Jungkook as they walked inside, Jimin and Yoongi greeted them in the kitchen. "Hi Jungkookie!" Jimin welcomed the younger, ruffling his hair.

Jungkook loosened up a little and enjoyed himself a little. Taehyung stuck near him for the night, checking in on him every ten minutes to make sure he was okay.

Taehyung led Jungkook away from everyone else. Jungkook's heart fluttered as Taehyung pushes him against the wall gently, trapping them smaller between his arms.

"I know you've been feeling really down lately, but I just want you to know I love you, okay? And I'd never do anything to hurt you." Taehyung said. "I love you too." Jungkook whispered. Taehyung held Jungkook in his arms and kissed him gracefully, Jungkook letting his worried melt away just for that sweet moment.

There was a sudden commotion radiating from the living room to which Taehyung broke the kiss. "What's going on?" Jungkook wondered. "I don't  know, we should go see." They shouldn't have.

Taehyung and Jungkook made their way to the front of the crowd where they both were shocked to see Yejin standing there with a twisted look on her face.

"What the fuck are you doing here? You weren't invited." Taehyung gritted his teeth. "Oh I just wanted to stop by and wish you a very happy birthday." She grinned. Taehyung narrowed his eyes at her.

She turned to Jungkook with a pout. It was silent as everyone there watched. "I think there's something you should know Jungkook." She pouted fakely. Jungkook shuddered as she took a step closer to him.

"You're 'loving' boyfriend is a cheater." She hissed. "No he isn't. Just leave me alone." Jungkook breathed out. "Don't believe me?" She asked as she took out her phone and showed him the picture of them kissing. The crowd began murmuring and saying malicious names to Taehyung.

Jungkook was mortified as he stood and looked at the picture of the two kissing. "Oh sweetie, there's more!" She squealed. "You think Jimin is your best friend? Until you learned he's the one who wrote 'Kill yourself'  in on your gym locker." She said.

"No fucking way." Jungkook shook his head as Yejin showed him a video of Jimin writing it in his locker while she recorded him. Jungkook searched and met eyes with Jimin. "How could you?!" Tears began to fall.

"Jungkook she blackmailed me, I had no choice-" "Yes you did!" Jungkook snapped. Yoongi glared at Jimin who's began tearing up and breathing heavily. Yoongi scoffed before walking out of the house, along with the rest of the crowd there.

After a bit, the only ones there were the three, Jungkook crying as Taehyung and Jimin stood there, clueless as of what to tell Jungkook to prove it was all Yejin's scheme.

"I thought you loved me?" Jungkook cried. "Baby I do, I swear she put herself on me!" Taehyung tried. "Did she really?" Jungkook asked. "Kookie, I promise I'd never hurt you like that." Jimin tried to reason himself.

"Don't ever talk to me again." Jungkook breathed out, Jimin finally breaking down into tears. "Okay." He whispered as he left.

"Babe, please listen to me." Taehyung wanted to cry too. "No. What is there to listen to? You lied." Jungkook cried. "Don't text me anymore. Don't call me. Don't talk to me at school. We're done." Jungkook hiccuped.

"Jungkook-" but it was too late. Jungkook was already rushing out of the door. It was dark, and raining. Jungkook was running, eyes clouded with tears and rain water as he sprinted to his warm home, where he hoped his mother or father was home to hug him and tell him it was going to be okay.

"Jungkook!" He heard Taehyung calling after him. "Stop following me!" Jungkook sobbed. He began running across an intersection, didn't even pay attention to what the color the traffic light rested on.

Taehyung's eyes widened when he saw the truck coming. "Jungkook!" He yelled but it was too late as the smaller boy looked up, blinded by the bright head lights before everything went black.