Chapter 28

Y/N'S POV

  After all this time, it was my own father who's been sending me these notes, well threats through the mail. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but it looked like Mom was.

  I said,"You think that something else is going on? You think that someone's making him do this?"

  "No one ever makes me do anything, Y/N."

  I froze at Dad entering the room. I didn't even know that he was here. His car wasn't even outside, which meant that either he had just gotten here or his car was somewhere else. Mom would have told me if he was here this whole time.

  Dad looked at both notes saying,"Oh, you have them with you. How'd you know that it was my handwriting all along?"

  I said,"Well, it looked familiar to me. It looked just like those notes that you used to send me back when I was younger about how you would show up to my birthday parties and you never did. Not once."

  Dad chuckled and replied,"Are you still upset about that, Y/N?"

  I rolled my eyes and said,"Stop trying to scare me, Dad. Justin and I look out for each other. I love him, and I'm not leaving him. He knows that, and we're getting married regardless of the notes that you keep sending me."

  Dad grabbed my arm tightly, and I winced in pain. Mom immediately rushed over and removed his hand from around my arm.

  She said,"Don't touch my daughter like that. Why are you sending Y/N these notes? Just support her, David."

  Dad said,"I refuse to support this, Y/N. You're not marrying him. I don't care if your mother gave Justin her blessing, this marriage isn't happening."

  I said,"You were never here, Dad. I'm trying to let you be a part of my life, but you can't even accept Justin. He's one of the biggest people in my life, and he always will be. This wedding's happening. If Mom is the only one there, then I'll take it."

  I turned and walked towards the door.

  Dad followed me outside and said,"Don't you walk away from me, Y/N."

  I looked him in the eyes and said,"Like you walked away from Mom and me? Either you're at the wedding or you're not, I'm out of here."

  I closed the door and backed out of the driveway. I could never forget the look in Dad's eyes, though. I thought about it the whole ride back to Justin's place.

  When I got out of the car, I rushed inside and yelled,"JAY??"

  Justin appeared from out of nowhere and said,"What? What is it? Did you just want to see me? Aww, Y/N. Y/N?"

  I rushed over to Justin and embraced him. Justin almost fell over, but he grabbed hold of the couch beside us.

  I broke down as I said to him,"I love you so much, Justin."

  He held me and replied,"I love you, too, Y/N. What's going on? Where have you been?"

  Ijust continued to cry and held on as tightly as I could to Justin. When herealized that I didn't feel like talking right now, he just carried me up tohis room and laid down with me.
  Clearly, Justin was concerned, but he chose not to question me. He justtalked to me, yet I couldn't tell him how frightened I was that my father wasgoing to ruin my definition of a happily ever after.