Chapter 26

JUSTIN'S POV

  I should've done better. I should've been able to just stand up to Y/N's father, but he had gotten to me. I couldn't even tell Y/N how much it hurt me not having her father's approval. I couldn't even tell Y/N how much his words had hurt me. They brought back memories.

  "Justin, don't worry about a thing that man said to you. He doesn't know you like I do. He doesn't want to try to get to know you. And I know he struck a nerve back there, and I'm sorry I didn't know he was going to talk about your past."

   Y/N'S POV

  I was strong, so there weren't going to be any more tears for Dad. I wasn't even worried about myself right now; I was worried for Justin. Justin did stand up to my father by telling him my birthday. I knew Justin was beating himself up about it right now, which was why I told him what I just did.

  Justin had tears in his eyes and said,"I don't know, Y/N. Maybe I made a mistake. If I can't even stand up to your father, then-"

  I immediately pulled Justin into the house and upstairs.

  I immediately pinned him down and said,"You listen to me, JB, and you listen well. We are not having this conversation again. We are not having it. My father was out of line. He shouldn't have brought you going to jail up, and I'm sorry I didn't know he was going to throw that at you. I'm sorry that my father is causing you to have doubts, but you are allowed to be vulnerable with me. You're allowed to be frightened by my father. I just..I don't want you to feel like I set you up. I don't want you to feel like I have intentions of leaving you at the altar. I want to marry, Justin. I've wanted to for a while now, and it would be crazy of me to let you lose yourself because of another opinion."

  Justin's tears wouldn't stop, and he cried saying,"I hear you, Y/N, but I just don't want to lose you or for your opinion to change about me."

  I wrapped my arms around him and held him saying,"You will never lose me. Never, and my opinion is the same as it's always been. You're amazing. No doubt about it."