Chapter 2

Y/N'S POV

  On the way to Justin's interview, Scooter noticed me tapping my left foot repeatedly.

  Scooter lifted my chin and said to me,"Y/N, Justin will want to see you. You're a great girl and his best friend. There's no one better for him to see right now."

  I smiled slightly, but I could not shake off this little thought that maybe I needed to just go home. I mean, this would be my first time seeing Justin in 5 years. How was I supposed to approach him? What was the best thing to say to him? Should I start off our first conversation in five years, or would Justin start it off? All this thinking was giving me a headache.

  I groaned and held my head. Scooter chuckled, yet he did a couple of breathing exercises with me. After I calmed down, I thanked Scooter before we arrived at the area where Justin's interview was being held. It looked like Jimmy Fallon was in the middle of a conversation with Justin.

  Scooter led me backstage then near the front of the stage, so I could see Justin a little better.

  When I finally had a good view of Justin, I could only stand there in awe just seeing how much he had grown. I still possessed that image of the jumpy, 15-year-old boy, who was still trying to find his place in the world. Just seeing him like this brought a smile to my face.

  I heard Jimmy ask,"So Justin, do you have any guests or female friends that you can't wait to see?"

  Justin blushed but nodded saying,"Yeah, my mom."

  The crowd laughed, as I laughed along with them.

  Jimmy chuckled, but then he grew serious as he said to Justin,"You know what I mean, Justin. Any old-time lovers or friends that helped you get here."

  Justin smiled before saying,"Yeah, her name is Y/N. We've been best friends for a long time. Basically, we grew up together. As I got more famous, though, we sort of grew apart. I feel really bad about it. I would do anything to see her again. I'd like to see her again."

  Tears fell down my face, and I wasn't able to wipe them all before Scooter saw them.

  Scooter put his hand on my back and said,"You ready?"

  I shook my head, because I didn't even think about all the pairs of eyes that would be on Justin and me.

  Scooter just gave me a smile, before Jimmy said,"Well, we arranged for this very special gift to be given to you today, Justin. Y/N, COME ON OUT HERE?!!"

  Scooter took my hand and led me over to Justin. Justin jumped up from his chair and just smiled at me.

  I smiled back at him and sniffed saying,"Hey, Justin. Hopefully, you didn't forget about me."

  Justin hugged me immediately, before I let my tears fall onto his shoulder.

  He held me tighter and said,"It is so good to see you, Y/N. Aww, don't cry, baby. I missed you, too."

  I smiled, but my tears did not stop falling down my face. Justin's smile only grew the longer he held me. After I pulled myself together, I sat with Justin until the very end of his interview with Jimmy.

  We just watched most people leave in silence, before I gave Justin another hug and said,"It's good to see you too, Justin. You were great!"

  Justin chuckled at my mood change, but he said to me,"Thank you, Y/N. I know I can still count on you to have my back. Are you staying?"

  "Yeah, Scooter took care of everything. What now, Bieber?"

  Justin held out his hand, and I placed my hand in his hand. I felt that same thing that I felt when we were younger. Justin looked down at our hands, while I just smiled. He smiled back at me and placed a kiss on my cheek, which made me blush.

  Scooter chuckled and said to us,"How about we go out for dinner later? Y/N, are you all right with that?"

  I said,"It's fine, Scoot. Justin, hopefully you haven't forgotten your manners already!"

  Justin rolled his eyes, and I smiled in victory. I loved teasing him about certain things. It was so easy. However, Justin caught me off guard by tickling me. I giggled for a few minutes, before I grew too tired pushing his hands away.

  When Justin continued to try to tickle me, I yelled,"JUSTIN, STOP!!"

  Justin chuckled, but he continued to tickle me. I lost my balance and prepared for impact, but it never came. I slowly opened my eyes to see Justin giving me a worried look.
  I waved it off, but I noticed his arms were wrapped around me. Being brave, I looked up to meet Justin's gaze. His hazel eyes stared into my E/C eyes, before I found myself leaning in.