Chapter 23

JUSTIN'S POV

  As Selena and Y/N laughed while watching a movie together, I was still trying to get used to seeing the two of them getting along. I mean, I don't think either of them knew how much this meant to me right now. They both were very important women in my life, and they were comfortable with one another. It was great.

  Y/N looked back at me and threw some popcorn at me saying,"J, I know you have two beautiful women in front of you, but you have to do something with your life. Don't stare, Jay."

  I chuckled and replied,"I'm sorry for staring. It won't happen again. I should get going."

  Y/N immediately stood up and said,"Where are you going? I'm coming with you."

  "No, not this time. I have to do this alone. You stay here with Selena. You two be careful. I'll be back. Promise."

   Y/N'S POV

  I was kind of bummed when Justin said that he needed to go wherever he was going alone. It's not that I wasn't enjoying hanging out with Selena, but I wanted to be with Justin, too.
Justin gave me a quick kiss and then hugged Selena before he left.

  Selena noticed my look and asked me,"Y/N, what's wrong?"

  I sighed saying,"I just wanted to go with Justin, but I'm sure it's important. Maybe he just had to go to the studio or something."

  Selena looked away from me and said,"Let's look at something else."

  I slowly nodded, and Selena chose something else for us to watch. Eventually, Selena had to go, and I was at home alone.
  Justin still wasn't back, but I trusted him. I knew he wasn't out with some girl, so I wasn't that worried. Well, I was still worried, but I just meant that I'm not worried about a girl being involved.

  I grabbed some candy for myself, and then I sat back down on the sofa. I didn't feel like watching TV anymore, so I read a book.
  Justin finally returned, yet he was holding bags in his hands. He was completely oblivious to me. Clearly, he was on the phone, Y/N.

  He said,"Mom, are you sure she'll like this? Y/N may not like it. She may not like any of this. I'm just afraid she'll be disappointed."

  Oh, Justin. Such a sweetheart. My sweetheart.

  I smiled and put my headphones in, acting like I had been reading and listening to music.
When Justin walked back into the room, he said something to me.

  I took my headphones out of my ears, and he said,"Hey, were you sitting here the whole time? Did you hear my conversation?"

  Of course, I said,"No, not at all. I didn't even know you were back yet. Where did you go?"

  Justin didn't respond to me, but he took both of my hands in his own.

  He ran his thumb across my knuckles and looked me in the eyes saying,"I don't know why you've stayed with me all this time, but I'm very grateful for you. Every single day. Y/N, will you go on a date with me tonight? At 7?"

  I pretended to look through an imaginary schedule, and Justin laughed saying,"Y/N, I'm being serious."

  I replied with my best smile,"I am yours tonight, Bieber, at 7 p.m. Looks like you won the lottery."

  Justin tickled me and I giggled as he said,"Oh, I know."

....

  Eventually, it was pushing towards 7 o'clock. I slipped into a beautiful blue dress with red heels, then I fixed up my hair and double checked my appearance using the mirror.
After I finished getting ready, I rushed downstairs and met Justin at the front door.

  He gently pushed me back and said,"Stand there. You look really beautiful. I just want to get a picture first. Is that okay?"

  I kissed his cheek and said,"It's more than okay. Stand right here?"

  Justin nodded, and I smiled at the camera. After Justin took the picture, he sent it to me, and then we went out to enjoy our date.
  As we sat at the table, Justin kept messing with his tie. He was nervous about something, but maybe it had to do with whatever he was talking to Pattie about on the phone.

  I reached across the table and took his hand saying,"Bieber, do we need to leave? Is someone making you uncomfortable? Am I making you uncomfortable?"

  Justin shook his head and looked at me with those hazel eyes saying,"No, you're not making me uncomfortable. I wanna give you something, but I don't know if you'll like it. I don't want you to be upset."

  I walked over to his side of the table and wrapped my arms around his neck saying,"Justin, just give me whatever it is that you want to give me. Whatever it is, I really want to have it. If it came from you, then I know it'll be special."

  Justin hesitated, but he said,"I made you a photo album of everything. Everything that I wished you were there for. The moments when we weren't together. I..I didn't know what else to do to show you how much I care for you, so I hope this book does a good job of showing it."

  I looked through the photo album and tried my hardest not to cry. Justin did all this for...for me.

  I couldn't hold my tears in any longer and said,"Oh, Justin, this is enough. Really. I'll keep this in a safe place. What else do you have for me? I did hear your conversation with Pattie earlier."

  Justin nodded and said,"Y/N, you've been here for me for so long, and I know that it couldn't have been too easy for you to defend me. I don't deserve your support, but you remind me how I can earn it. I know both of us have had our low moments, but I want to continue to be there for you. I want to be the one who you see every single day. I want a life with you, and I want you around. Always. I guess what I'm trying to say is..."

  Justin got down on one knee and opened the expensive box saying,"Y/N M/N L/N, will you marry me?"

  I jumped on him, knocking him into one of the chairs beside our table.

  I kissed him hard and then pulled away saying,"I'd love to marry you. Yes!"

  Justin had tears in his own eyes and said,"Really? You're being serious?"

  "Really. I'm being 100 % serious."

  He kissed me this time as he slid the ring on to my finger. When he pulled away from the kiss, we heard cheering and applauding coming from all directions.
  Justin's family all entered the restaurant, along with some fans. I just embraced Justin, not believing that it wouldn't be too long before I was Mrs. Bieber. Me. Y/N M/N L/N.