Chapter 16

Chapter 16

(Sara pov)

I remember when everything was better then this. When my life was better then this. Why? How did it all change? Why did I have to let curiosity get the better of me and open that door to that room?

[Flash back]

"Mom!" I yelled wondering the house. I was only six years old.

"MOMMY!" I cried.

"In here sweetie." I everything but sprinted to the where snouts where my mother was.

"Yes mommy?"

"Help me with the guest room?" It sounded more of a demand then a question. I shrugged and skipped behind her accidentally tripping on the carpet.

"Ouch."

I looked at the carpet and saw a metal knob and an outline like a door. Courteously I starred at it in wonder and amazement.

"Mommy-"

She stopped and starred.

"Hm?"

"What this?" I asked pulling he carpet completely off to uncover the wonders underneath it. It was indeed a door. Like in Scooby Doo when someone pulls a lever or something a door appears under their feet and leads them into a whole new room or place.

She hesitated before saying anything as if choosing her words wisely of what she says.

"That's a design honey." Design? "This room was painted before we moved here to look like a pirate ship." I nodded. Oh that makes sense. NOT

"Anyway you probably wondering why I'm getting the guest room ready. Well you cousin Kevin is coming over. He's gonna spend the weekend with us."

I cheered and clapped my hands. Yay. I loved when my cousin Kevin came over. Since I was an only child it's pretty lonely not having anyone around.

Kevins an only child too so we get along great with each other.

The front doorbell rang and I sprang out the room to the front door. When I opened it, it was him.

"KEV!"

"SAR!"

We hugged each other with our little arms but he was bigger then mine. Kevin was nine but acted younger to cope with my age. He didn't seem to mind.

"Last one into the kitchen can kiss my-"

"KEVIN C. WILLIAMS!"

Kevin flinched at his mothers and yelled.

"I was gonna say dust I swear!" He cried.

I laughed and ran into the kitchen first. Destination. Cookies. I pulled out the chair and climbed up and took a few cookies out of he cookie jar. A few as in ten or twenty. You know the usual.

That day went well.

The next day was different. It's only been a day and yet that trap door still had me curious. Where did it lead to? Why haven't I seen it before? Sort of a stupid question since the carpet blocked it from my sight. Only when we were fixing the guest room did I notice it.

My mom and dad went out leaving Kevin and I alone in the house.

Kevin was watching tv while I was playing with my dolls.

"Kev."

"Yeah?"

"Let's play."

He groaned and shook his head. "No, go away." I knew he was only kidding. I pouted.

"If you play with me I'll give you cookies."

He turned off the tv. "I'm listening."

I laughed, "we play hide and seek. If you find me I'll give you all my cookies in this bag." I said showing him the bag of delicious cookies.

"Deal!"

"And if you lose-"

"WHATEVER GO HIDE GO HIDE! I want them cookies!"

I pushed me into the hallway and ran to the living room beginning to count.

"Okay...." Wow he really wants them cookies. While he was busy counting I looked for a place to hide. Then a light bulb lite in my head.

What better place then to hide then in the guest room and I knew just where.

I entered the guest room and pulled the carpet and starred at the trap door. Fake or real? I grabbed the knob. It's real. I pulled he door open.

It was dark and smelt of musk.

"READY OR NOT HERE I COME!"

Crap. I stepped down slowly into the old steps and almost fell. Need to be more careful. I reached the bottom and looked around.

Then I spotted something. Fear ran my blood cold and I near screamed till I saw a face. It was a boy.

"Who are you? What are you doing down here all alone?" I asked. He didn't answer. I heard Kevin yelling for me upstairs. I looked back at the boy and then upstairs.

Well i have to go back to Kevin he gets worried too much when I'm gone and he can't find me. Even if we are playing hide and seek. Bit at the same time I don't wanna leave this boy here all alone.

So many questions ran through my head. Where ate his parents? Why is he down here all alone?

"Sara!" That was my mom. Oh man. I jumped up and down on my knees feeling unsteady. Should I tell her he's down here? Guess I don't have a choice.

"I'll be right back. I'll get my mommy to come down her and get you out." one step then I was pulled back into the shadows of the darkness.

I couldn't see but I knew he was standing infront of me. He held his finger up to his lips and shook his head. He didn't want me to tell her he was down here? Why?

"SARA!" It was my father this time. Panic and anger in his voice. I not my lip and nodded. Then I remembered.

"Oh before I leave I have some cookies and sweets I brought incase I got hungry while hiding." I brought the bag out and handed it to him.

"You can have it. I'll bring you some more later. Everyday ill stop by here to give you something to eat and drink. Okay?"

He starred at me in silence and slowly nodded. I nodded and smiled.

"SARA!" I flinched. Uh-oh.

"I have to go now. Bye bye."

I ran up the creaky stairs and closed the door behind me locking it and covered it with he carpet. I nodded when it looked like how it did when I first saw it.

When I ran into the kitchen my mom and dad engulfed me in a huge hug. Engulfed such a big word. My mom was crying whole my dad yelled at me to never scare them like that again.

I nodded. Kevin told them it was his fault since we were playing hide and seek.

The whole conversation I blocked out. I wonder who that boy was...

"Hey!? Where are my cookies!?"

Crap.

"Umm... I ate them."

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" He went on his knees and yelled with his fist in he air.

I laughed. Same old Kevin. I still wonder who that boy was though.

[Flashback end]

Little did I know that boy would turn my life into a living hell. My brother. My big brother. I can't even remember his name and yet he is my brother.