Chapter 1

Chapter 1

It was Tuesday. Another day at school. I wore a turtle neck. I didn't want anybody to see it. To see his mark, he wrapped his hands around my neck and squeezed. There was bruising. Make-up couldn't cover it, so I had no choice but to wear it. Either this or a neck bracelet. I rather the turtle neck.

When I walked into class all eyes were on me. For multiple reasons. I was their pray. Two: The girls here loved my brother. And three: They would give mr gifts to give him since they either don't have a class with him or they are too shy to give them to him theirselves. That exactly what they did.

I sat down in my seat. Today he had gotten ten boxes of chocolates, five love letters, and six... Safety packs for their date with him.

"Hey, what's going on?" Natalie asked.

Natalie was my... Friend here in my class. She could never be my best friend- He was my best friend....

"Nothing much."

She starred at me as if studying me.

"What's with the turtle neck?"

"I'm-I'm sorta cold blooded. It's freezing." I lied.

"It's 97 degrees outside I was about to say your gonna pass out believe me."

I faked a smile, "yeah."

Natalie and I are friends. We've known each other for four years from middle school. I was the shy one, she was the outrages one. More like outgoing one.

The last bell rang. We all took our seats and waited for role call. It finally got to me.

"Sara E. Jackens?"

I raised my hand, "here."

If you hadn't figured it out. That was my name. My full name. Sara... Princess... That's what it ment...

The morning classes were over when the bell rang. Third period was over. Time for lunch.

"Hey you wanna come eat lunch with us."

I shook my head, "no... I'm gonna head to the library." I lied.

One lie after another. They just keep coming don't they.

I have to eat lunch with him everyday, I have to go straight home with him everyday, and I even have to leave with him if he didn't feel good or didn't feel like staying at school.

The last bell rang. I gathered my stuff and headed towards the door. I was stopped dead in my tracks by one of my classmates. He was tall. About my hight, but more muscular. He had solid red hair with a short mo- hock. Fine cut too. He had pale green eyes with a shimmer of blue. An aqua color or best known as teal.

He scratched his head and met my eyes. "Hey... So um... Did you get the lesson and homework? I wasn't really paying attention. Could I... Borrow your notes maybe."

I quickly nodded, "yeah... Sure..." I reached into my book bag and took out my note book. I handed it to him.

He blushed as our hands touched.

"So... Um... Sara I was... I was wondering... If you weren't busy we could... Hang o-" Before he could finish I felt knives stab me in my back. A sharp pain went up my spine. I slowly glanced over my shoulder and my eyes grew. There he was... I saw him... My brother. My big brother. He was talking with a couple with his friends. He completely ignored them and was starring dead at me. Before he turned back towards them smiling. His cold eyes sent a chill up my whole body. I had to get away.

I clenched my shirt and turned towards Justin."I'm sorry... I-I gave to go." I scattered away and went outside. I took deep breaths. He was right there...

The whole time. I'm going to be punished... He might have Horton the wrong idea. What if I explain to him? Yeah, I'll explain everything to him.

A huge gush of wind blew my hair. I closed my eyes. When I opened them... I wish I hadn't.

"Are you ready to go home, sister?" Why? My body stiffened, but it was shaking. I didn't dare look back. I knew who it was.

"Come on. Let's go home."

"B-b-brother... I-I can... I can explain..." I tried not to stutter. Didn't work so well.

"Let's go home, sister." I shakily nodded. He smiled and grabbed my hand, and led me to his car. His black Hummer. He opened my door and I sat down in the passenger seat. He sat in the drivers seat and started the engine. I narrowed my eyes to see his face. Nothing. No emotion at all. For now.

I swallowed a huge lump in my throat as we drove off. The radio was off. He hardly ever listened to it. The trip home was silent. Dead silent. My mind wondered as I asked myself questions.

Was he mad? He doesn't look mad. Does he plan on punishing me? I bet he does. What can I tell him? Should I lie? Or tell him the truth?

I hadn't noticed it but we were already at home. I swamped another lump. He unbuckled my seat belt and grabbed my hand and led me inside.

I went inside and stood there. I wanted to bite the hell out of my nails. Like that would help. The door closed. Once those doors close no one and I mean no one can save us from him.

"Sara... Who was that guy you were with?" He asked.

My head was spinning. I didn't answer.

"Who was he, Sara?" His voice became deep and demonic. I tried to speak, but all I could do was stutter.

"I'll ask you again. Who was he?"

I finally build up the courage to speak. "He-he was a- a guy in my class. He-he wasn't paying... Attention-" He sighed,"so he- he- So he asked me for my- my notes and the homework. Honest."

He caressed my cheek, "relax. I'm not going to hurt you." I felt alittle bit relieved. He went back and locked the door. "Now, I'm going to hurt you." I should have known.

He smacked me and I hit my back against the wall. He picked me up by my neck and held me there. He growled deep in his throat.

"I TOLD YOU NEVER TO SPEAK TO OTHER GUYS! ONLY ME! YOUR ONLY SUPPOSE TO LOOK AT ME!"

I opened my mouth begging for air. My hands touching his muscular hands wrapped around my neck.

"B-b-brother... Please..." Begging wasn't an option. He released me and I fell to the ground gasping for air. I hoped he was done... He never is.

He dragged me by my hair into the kitchen. There I saw my parents sitting down at the table emotionless... Till they saw me.

"SARA!" My mother cried.

He glared at her and she sat back down. My father had his hand balled into a fist. He wished he could do something to help me, but he couldn't.

My mother began to cry. He growled and slammed his fist onto the table.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!" We all flinched at his sudden outburst. He walked towards the back door and unlocked it.

What was he going to do to me? That's the only question that ran through my head. He forced me forward and pushed me outside onto the grass.

"Your going to sleep outside! Just be happy I'm not sending you into that room again. Consider this brotherly love, dear sister." He slammed the back door shut.

I could hear arguing from inside. Probably yelling at mom and dad. I was cold. A cold breeze traveled down my back. I curled up into a ball and shook myself to sleep. I still cannot believe that thing... That beast... That monster... Was my brother. My brother who's name I can't even remember.