Chapter 4

Chapter 4

The next morning I felt the hard, cold floor. I figured out, I wasn't anywhere near my bed nor my room. When I supported myself up and lept into the bathroom there were bruising all over my body. I took a shower and brushed my teeth.

Today I wore another turtle neck and skinny jeans. My mom wrapped my stomach and arms with gauze and rubbed my wounds with alcohol to help stop the bleeding. And so none of them would get infected.

She even gave me a couple of pain killers to help. I needed them. I could barley walk or even stand. I needed all the help I could get.

I got all dressed up and ready for school. On my way out the bathroom I saw my brother leaning against the wall. He stared at me and left downstairs to his car. I staggered to catch up before he would probably leave me.

The ride to school was silent. He never spoke to me. It's best for him not to. He'd probably yell or scream at me.

The drive to school was not long. He parked and got out the car without saying anything. This was a new record for him. No glares, no threats, or even hitting me. Was he-

I shook my head. No... That would never happen.

When I walked into the school the halls were crowded. People pushing and yelling to get to their destination, that's high school for ya.

I was inches from my homeroom when, I heard my name on the intercom.

"Sara. Sara Westend. Please come to the counseling room." Counseling... Room...? Oh and yes Westend is my last name.

My whole way to the counseling room I got weird stare from the other students. They probably think I'm mental or something was seriously wrong with me. I ignored them and went through the crowded hallways, and straight to the front office doors. Even there I got stares from the workers and teachers, but not the stares from the students. These were different. They gave me pitiful, worried, and concern stares. No choice I held my head down in shame trying to ignore them. I hated to gain attention.

When I stopped in front of the counseling room I had this weird feeling. I chose to ignore it and continued to enter the room. There I saw the counselor and... And Justin.

"Sara, please take a seat." I nodded and sat down in the empty seat away from Justin.

"Sara... Justin here... Tells me that he thinks your being abused." My whole body stiffened. I shook my head quickly in response.

"Then how do you explain your wounds. A girl said you asked for her make up to cover a bruise on your cheek." Dammit.

"I-I-I was walking and some didn't see me... And they hit my cheek with the door." I said trying to sound convincing.

Justin looked at me with a pained expression. I averted my eyes, I couldn't look at him, I didn't want to see him and I sure as hell didn't want him to see me. Not like this.

"What about your arm?"

"A-a dog bit me..." I wanted to smack myself. Stupid.

"Lipgloss doesn't cover swelling, honey." I sucked in my bottom lip. I bit my lip so many times it swelled.

"One thing about when people are being abused they tend to lie to protect their abuser. One reason is because they're afraid if they tell someone... They will hurt them more or hurt people they know, and love. Another reason is because you feel lost. That you can't trust anybody. Or... That the person hurting you is a family member... Your afraid to turn them in, because it will not only effect you but your other family members as well."