Twenty-five: What happened?

That's when I bring my hand across his face, with as much force as I can. I'm satisfied when I see I've left a bright red hand print on his left cheek.

"What the hell was that for!?" He yells.

"EVERYTHING! FOR USING ME, CHEATING ON ME, LYING TO ME! BUT MOSTLY FOR PEETA! And one more little thing, WE ARE DONE AND ARE NEVER EVER GETTING BACK TOGETHER!" After I finish my little rant, I run back snide and slam the door in his face.

As if on cue Prim comes running down the stairs. "He's awake!"

I follow her as we run up the stairs.

"Peeta," I sigh. "You're okay." I see him attempting to sit up.

"Ow!" His black eye has coloured quite a bit already.

My mother and Prim decide to go back downstairs.

I walk over to the side of the bed and take his hand in mine.

"What happened?" He asks obviously confused about the whole situation.

"What's the last thing you remember?" I ask softly.

"That Gale guy punching me." He mumbles, the anger clear in his voice.

"Right, well after that you blacked out and we bought you up here to my room."

"Oh." He looks down at our now entwined hands. "What happened to Gale?"

"I slapped him, broke up with him, yelled at him and slammed the door in his face." I reply proudly. Peeta smiles, a real genuine smile.

I lean over and give him a soft kiss on his cheek. He pats the bed next to him, gesturing for me to sit next to him. I do as he says and lay my head on his shoulder.

We stay there in a comfortable silence for about half an hour. Mum eventually then makes an appearance.

"Are you staying here tonight then Peeta?" She asks him politely.

"I don't want to be a bother, I don't want to get in yo-" His reply is cut short by my interruption.

"Peeta you know you're no bother, and you're in no state to get home. Please just stay here, one night! Please!?" I beg, lifting my head off his shoulder and face him so I can give him the puppy dog eyes.

"Only if it's okay with your mother?" He looks over to where she stands in the doorway.

"I'm fine with it, you'll have to stay here with Katniss though." She replies sweetly.

"I'm fine with that." He looks down into my eyes and gives me a warm smile.

"Goodnight you two!" She walks out and turns off the light.

"Goodnight Katniss." Says Peeta, as he gets into the bed properly.

"Goodnight Peeta." I reply, as I follow after him and snuggle into his chest.

+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

Hello! Long time no update! Hope this chapter wasn't too bad... I have serious writer's block and have no idea what should happen next! Message me, tell me what you think.

Did you like my Taylor Swift, 'we are never ever getting back together' reference?

:D you guys are awesome <3