Chapter six: who to choose?

We find a little bench seat on the grass, just before the sand starts. It's a beautiful day, the sun shining brightly overhead, reflecting off the beautiful blue ocean. Madge and I sit there sipping at our drinks.

"I never appreciate living here, until I'm sitting staring at the sun and ocean. I try to imagine not living here, it's just too hard!" She says, I realise how true this is.

"So, how are you going with you little dilemma?" she says quietly changing subject.

"Okay." I reply. I'm still not really sure what to think. First, there's Gale, oh Gale. He's all I've ever known. And then there's Peeta, so perfect in his own right. But I couldn't leave Gale for him, could I? No. Peeta could really be horrible, I've only known him a day.

"So?" she asks impatiently.

"I'm staying with Gale, I think Peeta and I should stick to being friends. And who knows he mightn't even like me like that, why would anyone?" If he's an amazing friend we can always become more, can't we? God, I'm asking myself a lot of questions.

"Don't say that, your beautiful and any guy is lucky to have you. Also, you think your ugly and stupid when you're going out with the hottest, most popular guy in school!? Ha!?" she's getting annoyed now.

"I guess your right, but you know Gale's only with me because we were friends and he knew I wanted more and felt bad." this is true, if I hadn't liked him he wouldn't have gone out with me.

"That was then this is now, and he loves you! I would give anything for that, Katniss, anything!" she's yelling and getting a little teary now.

"I'm sorry, I-i j-just..." I choke out trying to calm her down and not make her feel any worse. "I didn't mean to upset you."

"No, no it's okay. I'm just over reacting. Its just you're so lucky to have someone who loves you and you just, just don't see how lucky you are!" she's settled now, but tears are still flowing freely from her eyes.

"By the way," she adds. "I'm not going for Peeta, if you won't have him neither of us will."

"We can all be great friends!" I say jokingly. She lets out a little giggle.

I'm looking straight past Madge's head, the way we came. That's when I see him, the sun shinning on his beautiful dirty blonde hair. His big arms are all that you can see coming his white graphic t-shirt, his long skinny black jeans and red converse. I then see his beautiful bright blue eyes, and they're looking straight into my brown ones, he's heading straight for us. I swear I just stopped breathing!

He's only twenty metres from us now, Madge turns to look at where Peeta is coming from. She turns back to me with a smug look on her face and whispers, "Let's see what he thinks of just being friends..."

********************

Hey Guys! I hope you like the story so far! Sorry my chapters aren't very long... I'm also sorry that I don't update very often, but I'll update as much as I can on the weekends and try during the week. Thanks school!

Please vote, comment, fan and comment (Don't worry I noticed the two comments, I just really want to know what you think!)