Chapter twenty: What happened?

• Dedicated to The weirdos of the world!

I run through the cafe door, up to the counter and into Peeta's arms.

"Are you okay? What happened?" He keeps asking me questions sounding extremely worried.

"He's he-re." Is all I manage to choke out.

"Who's here?" He whispers to me.

And then Gale Hawthorne walks through the cafe door. "Him." I whisper to Peeta. We duck behind the counter.

"Your boyfriend." He whispers firmly. I shake my head.

"My ex." I correct him. He looks down at me and smiles a smile of satisfaction.

"Do you want me to tell him to leave or do you want me to take you to the back-room?"

"Back-room thanks." I reply wiping back my tears.

"Okay follow me." He replies and we sneak into the back-room. The room is bigger than I had thought it would be, it has the same dark slate flooring and white walls as the rest of the cafe. There's stuff for cooking their pastries and stuff everywhere. There's also a few seats in the far corner, but I go sit on the floor. I doubt Gale saw us and I really hope he didn't I'm so mad at him at the moment. He lied to me!

"So what did he do?" Peeta asks carefully. He comes and sits next to me on the ground.

That's when the tears really come out.

There's a knock on the door, followed by the entrance of a middle aged man. I feel really embarrassed to be crying in front of this man, of whom I have never met.

"Sorry dad, we just need a moment." Peeta tells him whilst putting an arm over my shoulders.

"I hope you didn't do that to this poor girl." Jokes Peeta's dad.

"No, I'm here to fix it. Can you take my place at the counter for a few?" Peeta asks sweetly.

"Okay." Peeta's dad stalked out the door and back to the counter.

I put my face in Peeta's neck. "Thank you, so much." I turn my face into his shoulder and let my tears soak his shirt.

"So you never answered my question?" He puts his arm around me, pulling me into a hug.

"He lied to me, he was he-re in-n town the-e whole t-time. And he was k-kissing some other girl-l!" I cry and choke out each word.

"I'm so sorry. He's just an idiot for not treating you how you deserve to be treated. You deserve someone much better than him." He says firmly.

"Thank you." I say and he hugs me tighter.

"I will always be there for you, remember that." He whispers in my ear.

I lean up and give him a kiss on the cheek, which makes him blush. He's so cute.

We both go quiet when we hear shouting from the cafe part of the building. "Where is she!? I saw her come in here! Where are you hiding her!?" Gale, I would know that voice any where.

Peeta and I exchange glances. I know he knows Gale's looking for me.

Oh no...

*************

Hey! Sorry it's possible I might not update for a while, camp. Tell me what you think, let me know what should happen next!